“Wonderful veggies in the summer” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 17 things to do in Anderson
More attraction details
Owner description: Century Farm- owned and operated by the Garrison Family. Farm Market selling organically grown produce during growing seasons. Corn Maze and Pumpkin patch open weekends in October. Garrison Family home listed on National Registry of Historic Places
West Union, South Carolina
23 attraction reviews
“Wonderful veggies in the summer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Neat farm located near Anderson. We buy vegetables here in the summer.

Greenville
3 attraction reviews
“Tried it, no thanks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We drove a good distance for this corn maize...... what a dud. Corn is not even ankle high. Skip it we say.

Anderson, South Carolina
“Worth a look”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

Drought is an unfortunate occurance. Though the corn maze may not have been up to par, I think that this destination is "worth a look" for several reasons, Here is a good cross section of farm life. Even if the crops fail, life must go on. In past years, when the corn was taller and the pumpkins fatter, we had no complaints out of the youth group from our church that we hauled out to the farm. I am very much in favor of supporting local agribusiness whenever the opportunity arises. You can see the animals and crops, play in the hay, and maybe come away with a greater appreciation of your groceries

Suwanee, GA
“With my wife on-call for the weekend,...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

With my wife on-call for the weekend, I decided to take our 11 year old to a corn maze, and planned on buying a couple of pumpkins. After browsing several websites, we headed over to the Denver Downs Farm corn maze. We left an hour later and $25.00 poorer, wishing we had picked a different place.

When we pulled into the parking lot, my son, excited to be getting lost in a maze, remarked that this place "even had a fantastic kiddie maze." What we were looking at was a HUGE field of ankle to knee high plants. We figured it was for the littlest visitors. We paid our $20 admission - and then realized that this was THE maze. What a let down. I'd only been in one other corn maze (years ago) - and I felt entirely lost for a couple of hours. The only way to get a bearing in that maze was to climb the occasional 20' high towers that we'd come across.

Our chihuahua could not have gotten lost in this maze.

Trying to salvage the trip, we then walked up and down the 'pumpkin patch' - three (long) rows of pumpkin vines. But, again, we came up empty-handed...the pumpkins were truly sorry looking.

On the way back to our car, I spent $5 on a funnel cake. After waiting ten minutes (how long does it take to pour some batter into a pot of oil?), we were on our way home. My son, dejected over the entire experience, found a little solace in the funnel cake - at least it was hot and tasty.

Oh, and lest you think I only write negative reviews - not so! Although I haven't written a review in over two years, the last several that I wrote were glowing reviews of places we stayed while on our summer vacation. We'd love to go back and spend our hard-earned money at any of those places...but never again here.

Jacksonville, Florida
9 attraction reviews
“Disappointing, but not completely their fault”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

My family visited the farm specifically for the corn maze. Unfortunately, we did not know, until we got there, that there had been a drought this year, and the corn was barely to your knees. What a waste of time. Would have been nice if they had posted this on their website. But I can't blame them. They wouldn't make much money that way.
They did have plenty of other fun things for young children to do, but my 8 month old wasn't getting much out of it (rope swings over hay bails, hay rides, zip lines, and slides).
We did have fun making a joke out of the situation. The family video should be fun to look back on on day.