“Family Reunion” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 29 hotels in Anderson
Morrisville, United States
“Family Reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Upon making reservation over the phone the attendant should have extended the courtesy choose if I wanted to subject my elderly parents, brother's family, sister's family to the construction inconvenience (Noise, broken refrigerator, relocation of rooms due to damages our facilities was causing other tenants.) and not to mention how disappointed I was to see my two bills (mind and my parents) mix up on the my two credit cards after I gave the male clergy specific instruction how to proceed with the charges. I was more disappointed not to see a discount on my two bills. There were broken tile all over the lobby from the young man operating a Jack Hammer (busting tile) in the middle of the lobby. I could not enter or exit the elevator while shuffling my bags down to my car. My sister's child was scared to enter the lobby of the open non-controlled environment. If someone would have step and slip on one of many loose tile, the liability could have been problematic. My family and I frequently visit this Hampton because of our reward membership and its location. In fact I'm planning another trip to this hotel today July 10th around 3:00pm check in. I think the staff is wonderful and very accommodating. However, the contractor over this project provides the Hampton Suites a disservice to their repeated customers and left a terrible initial impression to their first time visitor.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Mac P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anderson, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Hudie C.,

First off I want to apologize for the less than perfect time you had while staying as a guest at our hotel. We do our best to provide everyone with the best possible experience, however unfortunately for you and your family, you experienced many more problems than usual. With regard to the construction and renovation, we are truly sorry for the inconvenience, but all Hampton Inns are now required to have the brand standard "perfect mix" lobby. We try to limit the noise and mess as much as possible, yet we must work diligently to complete the project as scheduled, so we will have our awesome new lobby complete in time for Clemson football season. We hope that you will give us another chance to wow you with our "Hamptonality" and we are truly sorry that you did not love your last visit.

79 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Indian Land, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We just stayed for College Orientation nearby for our firstborn. Beautiful room and of course, the heavenly bedding I love..this time with a nice note indicating the duvets were freshly changed. I always pick Hampton on the road. If there was a negative it was the mild inconvenience of the remodeling. But..this was completely compensated by the friendly staff. I wanted to laugh as the hostess was SO SOUTHERN but just so authentically sweet and hospitable. Telling us how nice the addition was going to be. It was pretty cool that they had a little window so that you could see into where the remodeling was being done. No noise from our room regarding it though. Great stay. We will be back for College Move-In day!

Dear IndianLandPartyof7,

Let me begin by saying congratulations to you and especially your child for being accepted into Clemson University, because here in Anderson we love our Tigers! We are so glad we were able to provide your family with a great stay at our hotel. I also wanted to let you know thet our signature "Cloud 9" bedding is available for purchase online, so that you can bring your heavenly slumber in your home away from home back into the comfort of your own home. In addition, when you return for move-in day in August, our lobby renovations will be complete, and hopefully you will find it worth the wait. Thank you again for the wonderful TripAdvisor review, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Taos, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family for 2 nights. I could not have chosen a better hotel than Hampton Inn Anderson. Our room was very clean and seemed to be recently upgraded with new furniture and the bathrooms looked brand new. More importantly, every staff member including housekeeping, front desk, breakfast were very friendly and accommodating. Each morning as we left the hotel, we were greeted by each and every employee we came in contact with. The hotel's location is perfect. The hotel is located right across from Movie theater and is walking distance from many great choice of restaurants. Thank you for the great stay. We will be back in December and look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: I was informed all rooms were recently upgraded.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sam G,

Thank you so very much for the outstanding review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It is our goal to provide every guest with an excellent experience through demonstration of our signature "Hamptonality." Our staff is very dedicated to making sure every guest has the best time possible while staying at our hotel, and we are glad they were able to provide that for you. While we are fortunate to have such an excellent location, it is the in house delivery of smiles that keeps families like yours wanting to come back time and time again. We cannot wait to see you again in December!

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We needed to stay near Clemson, and this is a terrific location, great price, and seemed to be a typically dependable Hampton...until we tried to sleep. The decor is nice, the staff is wonderful, everything's neat and clean, and the breakfast is just fine; it's just that the cooling system and the mattress in our room did us in - we parents were in the king bed and our teen was relegated to the sofa bed and we don't think any of us slept that night. The LOUD fan kicked in and out all night and was no match for the humidity; everything felt moist in our room, especially the carpet. Additionally, the mattress was horrible, and I can't even articulate why, except that it seemed to move even when either of us breathed too hard.

Dear Guest,

Let me begin by apologizing for the unpleasantness of your recent stay with us. Hampton Inn prides itself in being an industry leader in hospitality by providing the best guest experience possible on each and every stay. While bad experiences can happen, we are so sorry that you had a far less than perfect time at our hotel. We thank you for taking the time to point out the strengths of our staff and the cleanliness of our property, however it is extremely unfortunate that the rest of your stay did not match up. Please give us another chance the next time you are in Anderson, and I personally guarantee a quiet, comfortable nights rest.

Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Conveniently located near the interstate, the Hampton Inn in Anderson is easy to find and close to several restaurants.
I love Hampton Inn's commitment to cleanliness and this location doesn't disappoint.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mac P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Anderson, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear GCKLA,

TripAdvisor is a key metric we use in measuring guest satisfaction, and positive reviews such as yours help not only our hotel, but other travelers in need of a clean comfortable bed. From your providing positive feedback of our hotel we are able to give credit where credit is due, and boost the morale of all of our team members. The next time you are coming from Lincoln to Anderson, please remember us and stay here again.

Greenville, NC, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

It was a nice clean room. I am a Hilton Honors member and stay in Hamptons a lot, as far as hotels go, it was very good, as far as Hamptons or Hiltons go, I would say it was average. Not a bad place to stay, queit, safe, and clean.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Owen L,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hampton on TripAdvisor, and we very much appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you found our hotel to be quiet, safe and clean, as that is our goal. We are also in the process of renovating our lobby to the new "perfect mix" Hampton standard; and hopefully the next time you stay with us, you will see that we are truly an above average property.

Mac Patel and the team at the Hampton Inn Adnerson
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

An A++ Hampton Inn location that is with in a few steps of a few very goodplaces to eat. Located right off Interstat 85 and easy to get to. I had a great nights sleep in a very clean room, an I am very particular about cleanliness!! The staff was very helpful and nice as well! Weary travelers will find this Hampton Inn a pleasure to stay with.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Coast929,

We here at Hampton really appreciate your A++ review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is so fortunate for us that we are located at such a busy exit off Interstate 85 where options for dining and entertainment are plentiful. As you probably well know, Hampton is a lighthouse brand known for its cleanliness, and we change our shower curtains and duvet covers before every guest's stay. We invite all weary travelers to stop in and stay with us, and we hope to see you again.

Mac Patel and the team at the Hampton Inn Anderson

Been to Hampton Inn Anderson? Share your experiences!