“New Gem - Experienced Owners” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Eclectic
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Knoxville, Tennessee
“New Gem - Experienced Owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Joe and Arlene's second endeavor in Aiken...Another hit ! Oysters are awesome...Scallops large and tasty...Chops are a must ! Friendly staff....A must if you are in Aiken

Aiken, SC
“Great Food - Great music - Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

My wife and I learned that the owners of one the finest restaurants in Aiken, Casa Bella, had opened a speakeasy downtown so along with another couple decided to give it a try. The door code (readily available on the sign outside) was a nice touch reminiscent of the speakeasies of the prohibition era and set a nice tone. The décor of the restaurant embraces that period as well. I was expecting the same impeccable service and fine dining as Casa Bella (see ratings for Casa Bella) and although the menu is quite different, I was not disappointed! I ordered the filet which was cooked exactly to my liking and was served with rosemary roasted potato and a zucchini/carrot/onion vegetable mix that was delicious. My wife had the lamb shank with rice and vegetable and thought it was the best she had ever had. Our server was attentive and very helpful without being overbearing. We thoroughly enjoyed the music which featured a duo doing some light jazz and vocals. All in all it was a great evening. The Speakeasy is a great addition to our dining and entertainment choices in Aiken. Highly recommend it!

Idaho Falls
“Good dining at Aiken's newest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was apprehensive about dining at an establishment that is so new but was pleasantly surprised with the food quality and excellent service. The menu was so appealing I had difficulty selecting. The salad selection is outstanding and my order of the pear salad was very nice. The menu has staples such as sea scallops in bacon to fillet mignon to salmon. All in my party were pleased with their meals and drinks. And while the dessert menu was slim, the pineapple upside down cake was excellent. The cake had a nice texture and flavor. Most impressive was the kitchen and wait staff. Excellent and especially impressive for a newly opened restaurant. Next time in Aiken, I will visit Speakeasy again.