“Clean and quiet with a great staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Clean and quiet with a great staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have been to many Country Inn and Suites and this one is a prime example of why I keep coming back. The staff was very friendly. My three year old had a potty training accident on the bed and the staff was super nice in helping us out to get new clean sheets and remove the dirty ones. We were greeted everywhere we went. And during our stay my back went out and i had asked at the front desk if they had any asprin. I was told that they couldn't administer it and even though I was in so much pain I started to cry the desk clerk remained very professional as she tried to reassure me through it. The next day (after my husband went out to get me something for my back) when she saw me again she made sure to ask how I was feeling. And it was one of the cleanest hotels I have ever seen. Every single area was very neat and clean. The carpets were spotless. And the elevator was clean at all times. The breakfast was a little bit of a let down, not as many choices as we are used to for this chain, but still a very nice area. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
CIS-Aiken, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on our hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Fair Haven, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed here while visiting family for a week. We were greeted by Gina Lamm. She was great from the start. She smiled and laughed and made us feel as if the hotel was our home for the week. We also were greeted every morning by Ms. Sarah, the only name I heard for her. She was a wonderful hostess first thing in the morning that gave us our breakfast and a pleasant smile as we began each day. This was one of the best stays I have ever had in a hotel. My wife and I will definitely stay here again when visiting family and we now will stay at a Country Inn & Suites whenever possible thanks to the hospitality of Gina Lamm.

Room Tip: Book a king size bed!! The jacuzzi tub in the room is great!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

5 minutes to Citizen's Park via Powder House Rd. Front desk clerks were very nice and helpful. They put out iced water bottles during a recent heatwave and let our team use the dining area for lunch (we cleaned up).

Room Tip: Suites have 2 queens plus a pull out couch, microwave, and small fridge.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This was my third stay at this hotel and I have been satisfied with it every time. I appreciated it that the pool and hot tub were open even though it was only March, since it had been rather warm for the time of year, even though only 2 of the hot tub's jets were working.

There was a very nice breakfast daily and the room was perfect for my needs. My only complaint probably relates to all hotels in this chain--there is no blanket on the beds, only a sheet and comforter although a folded blanket was provided in the room--I never used it because it seemed a bit silly given how hot the weather was. With just the sheet and comforter, I could never seem to get the room temperature just right to sleep through the night without being either too cold or too hot.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This hotel cleaning staff steals things when cleaning up your room. My daughter left her Kindle there and called the next day and of course it was not in the room. If they even looked! There's a reason why hotels say they aren't responsible for items left in the room or for you NOT to leave valuables in yr room. Because they NEVER turn them in to the front desk. With that clause they don't have to. I have disabled her kindle so the jerk can never use it!! I hope they choke on it. A hard, expensive lesson learned I guess. Will never stay here again or ever take anything valuable with us.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
CIS-Aiken, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, February 23, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inns & Suites we apologize we could not locate your Kindle. As I stated before we will continue to look for your Kindle and if we do recover it we will be sure to get it shipped to you.
Aiken, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at this hotel and it was a very comfortable experience. The room was clean and quiet. A minor suggestion is to invest in sheets that are of a higher quality. The front desk staff and breakfast staff was very friendly and helpful. For the price per night, this is the place to go in Aiken.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed here when it first opened in 2007; my sister had her family here while in town for her wedding. The rooms then were new, clean and fresh. I stayed here in October and although the room was clean, it appears that they've had water damage they haven't quite cleared out. My room smelled like damp water, but since it was one night and I was here on business, I can bear it.

Everything else was good; the staff were very nice, pleasant and accommodating, I think that was the one thing I enjoyed about my stay here. It was good to get a fresh cup of coffee before departing in the still dark morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Country Inn & Suites Aiken? Share your experiences!