“The rooms are not what they used to be” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The rooms are not what they used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed here when it first opened in 2007; my sister had her family here while in town for her wedding. The rooms then were new, clean and fresh. I stayed here in October and although the room was clean, it appears that they've had water damage they haven't quite cleared out. My room smelled like damp water, but since it was one night and I was here on business, I can bear it.

Everything else was good; the staff were very nice, pleasant and accommodating, I think that was the one thing I enjoyed about my stay here. It was good to get a fresh cup of coffee before departing in the still dark morning.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Spartanburg, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

The hotel was clean and had what most three star hotels have... staff was very nice. The pool is very small and the beds very soft. If you like a firm bed, I'd recommend another hotel... if the soft bed does not bother you, the hotel is fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
We appreciate you taking the time to give a review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that our pool size and mattresses were not to your liking, but I do hope everything else was a pleasant experience for you.
West Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was my first time staying in a Country Inn & Suites. I was NOT disappointed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Lisa at the front desk checked us in-she was great! Our room was nice-very comfortable bed with a big bathroom. The lobby area is beautiful and home-like. The breakfast was wonderful!!! The grounds are immaculate and the parking lot is large. The hotel is in a great location and its easy to exit and enter. I cant say enough good things about my stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the good review. We hope to see you again in the future!
williamsburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This hotel is one of a kind. From the front desk staff (Gina was awesome) to the breakfast room staff, maintenance and housekeeping.
We recently spent 4 nights in this hotel for a baseball tournament. We were there with families of 12 year old boys. The staff was so accommodating above and beyond the required amenities. We used the outdoor grill and gathered at the outdoor tables in the evening, used the breakfast room for meetings and had our boys hang out in the pool area to cool off in the heat of the afternoon. The front desk staff was more than helpful, they even ordered pizza for us all. The gave us restaurant suggestions which were outstanding...don't miss Dukes! We had an issue with our airconditioner and it was fixed in less than 2 hours. The Breakfast was outstanding. They supplied enough food for 13 twelve year old boys and their familes without running low. As soon as one item was running low, they would restock it. The housekeeping staff was wonderful as our rooms were meticulous!. I cannot say enough about every department of this hotel. I certainly hope we get to play baseball again in Aiken just so we can stop and see our friends at the County Inn & Suites. I wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Thank you so much for your review. We definitely hope to see you and your team again in the future!
Lafayette, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I've stayed at lots of Country Inn & Suites hotels, and this is one of the best maintained. The grounds are immaculate, the rooms clean and comfortable. But the best is the breakfast room. Sara runs the breakfast room as if she were the captain of a ship. Nothing gets by her. She makes sure no one runs out of anything, the tables are cleaned as soon as they're vacated, the trash is emptied so that it's never overflowing -- and her bacon, if you're lucky to be there on a bacon morning, is crisp, lean and delicious. On top of all that, she's a delightful woman who always has a smile and a welcome for the guests.

The rest of the staff are also great people -- you will feel welcome and cared for at the Aiken Country Inn & Suites. We stay there often because my mother and sister live in Aiken. I've never once been disappointed. The hotel sits on a quiet property with no other hotels nearby -- you aren't on "motel row" at this hotel. The front porch is a wonderful place to sit and rock and take in an evening breeze. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
CIS-Aiken, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Aiken, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

This trip had a lot of "firsts" for me..first time in Aiken, SC, first time meeting my in-laws, and attending my husband's grandmother's funeral. So the trip wasn't for pleasure by any means. Needless to say I was a little nervous and anxious. When we arrived it was Thanksgiving evening so the hotel manager was a little stressed out and our room was inadvertently given to someone else but it was not a problem considering they were also family members that were in town for the funeral. He asked us to check out the room first to see if would suit our needs and if it didn't he would accommodate us accordingly. It was perfect for us and the room that should have been ours was more accommodating for the family that got our original room. My husband grew up in Aiken so he was very familiar with the area so I didn't have to stress out about that. The staff went out of their way to make sure our group was well taken care of. The next morning we were in a hurry to get to the funeral since my husband was a pallbearer and had to be at the funeral home early for instructions so needless to say I left the tissue box , and my soda in the room - the housekeeper was outside the rooms in the hallway by the elevator, as we got to the elevator she overheard me telling my husband about the things I had forgotten in the room, he said we'd just have to stop on the way knowing we really didn't have time to do that. The housekeeper tapped me on the shoulder and handed me a box of kleenex and a Pepsi from the vending machine. I was already an emotional wreck from the stress of the week and that put a smile on my face and even made me tear up a little. Needless to say this is a wonderful place today and I had never really experienced the true meaning of Southern Hospitality until meeting my in-laws, visiting Aiken, SC, and being treated so well by the staff at Country Inn & Suites in Aiken. We will be renewing our vows on our 5 year anniversary in Aiken, so his family will be able to attend and we will definately being staying here for a few nights.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2010

We stayed here while traveling to Barnwell for a funeral. Needless to say Barnwells hotels are really bad!! Anyway, the rooms were really nice and clean. The breakfast was really good as well there were sausage, bacon, eggs plenty and of donuts and pastries. The staff was always helpful and address all or needs. I will stay here again, and yes we did get the bereavement rate. It felt like home away from home.

• Stayed October 2010

Been to Country Inn & Suites Aiken? Share your experiences!