“Aiken's best” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Aiken, South Carolina
“Aiken's best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is my all time favorite place for dinner in Aiken. Food is always made fresh. The decor is very comfortable and inviting and the staff is just what you would expect from this true souther gem. This is our number one choice when we have out of town guests.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Medford, New Jersey
“I always eat here when I'm in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Whenever I visit my sister in Aiken, we always have lunch here. Every meal I've had has been consistently great, and service is always attentive. The decor is warm and inviting. Every time I've gone I've tried something different, but I still remember a beet and goat cheese salad I had! After lunch we usually take a stroll through town and stop in the shops and arts center. Really nice way to spend the afternoon.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Columbia, South Carolina
“Confusing Menu”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My family of four had dinner at Malia's a week ago after being highly recommended. We made reservations but when we got their two girls in the front were talking and seemed to casual to seat us for a fine dining restaurant. Our server was very good. The meals however were sub-par considering the cost. Our waitress brought out squares of bread - each seemed to be warmed over because they were hard to bite and chew. My son ordered the Outer Banks sea scallops and shrimp fettuccini with red pepper flakes - but there were no scallops or red pepper flakes and only 4 shrimp and about a half cup of fettuccini noodles. My husband had the short ribs but much to our surprise it was only overcooked pot roast. I ordered the steak and for a $30.00 steak I would expect it to be tender and not so tough to cut. Salads were okay - nothing special. We decided not to stay for dessert as we felt our whole meal was not only costly but not what we wanted to eat but what the chef felt we should eat. We should have complained but since the restaurant had so many locals we decided to chalk this fine dining experience as one of the worst we've had. Not a number one rating for us.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Saturday Night in Aiken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is reputedly one of the most upscale restaurants in Aiken, SC. After beers at the Aiken Brewing Company, it was only a short walk up the street for delicious duck and lamb entrées. My spinach salad was excellent, too! We were lucky to get in on a "horse event" Saturday without reservations, but the bartender who waited on us was very attentive. Pricey! But give it a try!

Visited November 2013
Denmark, South Carolina
“Pork Scallopini for Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Went here for the first time around noon. Since I was solo I sat at the small bar near the front (about five comfortable stools). The whole experience was excellent from greeting to leaving after a great lunch. The place was pretty full and everyone was chatting having a good time. I ordered the Pork Scallopini that came with a house salad. Before that arrived I had fresh baked bread and butter with a glass of iced water and lemon. I occupied myself eating bread and reading great fiction. The entire staff was friendly in spite of being busy with orders. My server, Trae, was attentive and conversational. My food was scrumptious. The service could not be any better. I'll come again for the scallops entree for dinner.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Malia's? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Malia's, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.