My review takes cost into consideration; I weigh a $60/person meal on a different set of expectations than a $15.00/person place.
This place, at like $11.00/person for dinner is awesome to me.
The outside looks about like every other Chinese restaurant, but this place is awesome and the waitresses are very respectful and nice. I don't come during lunch so I'm not certain how the food is during lunch.
I don't really recommend paying $22 for the crab legs thing. I'm not sure it's really worth it because crabs just seem like so much effort for so little meat. But, that's probably just me being lazy....when I go to a buffet it's because I'm hungry. When I'm hungry I don't wanna be messing around with some wee little crab legs..
My Favorites Are:
1) STEAK!!! Which steaks do they have? It varies but I've yet to find any other place with unlimited steak for $11.00. I've gone in there on days where they had ribeye, and on other days they have flank steaks. The steaks are sliced thin so they grill up really quickly. If you want multiple steaks you can order multiple in one trip. The sushi guy, who I previously thought only does sushi, actually grills steak on the spot just for you. If he's not there he's probably getting supplies from the kitchen, and you can ask the waitress to let them know you would like something. Because the steaks still take a few minutes to grill up, I suggest that when you walk in the door, go ask him to start your steak up so that by the time you're done selecting your other food, your steak is ready. Let him know medium rare, rare, etc. because otherwise it's going to come out medium well. You will hear a bell dinging when your steak is done. This is because the sushi guy is not able to leave his station. =) It's delicious. I think you can also just ask for him to do Mongolian BBQ of some stuff, but I've never done that yet.
2) HAND WRAPS. The sushi guy also makes hand wraps (looks like an ice-cream cone, contains rice and something in the middle--the "something" is up to you entirely). You can ask for anything in the hand wrap that will fit. It's awesome because I love tuna + avacado + a dab of seasame seed oil + seasame seeds, and I can ask for that.
3) RAW OYSTERS. I love that I can have as many as I want. I am also glad they have a little lemon. I usually use their soup bowls and fill it half with ice water, to wash the oysters out in. I don't know why the oyster shucking guy hasn't gotten awesome after shucking so many...but there's always still shell bits in the oysters. They are yummy though, and worth bothering to rinse.
4) Their SALT & PEPPER SHRIMP is also delicious and only very lightly coated--just enough for the seasonings to stick, and it's crisp. They sometimes also have curry soup which I just put over rice and add their grilled chicken to, and it tastes good that way. They also have baked fish and steamed fish, and the steamed fish is pretty mild.
5) There's a little square funny looking cake which looks like chocolate cake + chocolate mousse? But actually, it is COFFEE CAKE and is very yummy and I usually put tha twith vanilla ice-cream (ice cream station is tucked away in the corner). Coffee and vanilla pair fairly well.
6) There's always some FRESH FRUIT available. Usually it's melons, but sometimes it's strawberries too.
Hope this helps a bit!
If you own or manage Eastern Buffet, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.