“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Aiken
Statesville, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is the second Hilton Garden Inn we have stayed in - the first was in Ponte Vedre, Fl and we loved it. This was a nice hotel but didn't quite match up to the friendliness of the Ponte Vedre staff. We were there during Masters week so it was a very hectic time. We were greeted by a somwhat harried receptionist who neglected to give us breakfast tickets (breakfast is free during Masters Week) but we didn't know this til the last day of our stay. There were signs at every table that breakfast was $9.95. We had a one bedroom suite which was very clean and comfortable. The bartender (Cat) was very friendly and bar service was excellent as was the breakfast service on our last day. The hotel is just a short drive to the Masters in Augusta, Ga - about 20 minutes and the price was a lot less than hotels in Augusta although still quite expensive. We would stay here again but probably not during the Masters.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that you had a good experience. Masters week is so much fun! If you return to the Master next year, we hope to be able to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Scottsdale, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Unless you are a sound sleeper the in room air conditioning will wake you up a half dozen times per night. Having been to many hotels I have to report that they are the noisiest in my experience. I have also spent time at other Hilton Garden Inns and have not experienced this problem. Without the noise problem the hotel would have been fine. Breakfasts were made to order and service at the bar was exceptional. The hotel is a little tricky to find as it is tucked behind the Aiken shopping center and not visible from the main road. *Whiskey).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to see that the AC unit wake you up through out the night. Please let us know how we can make amends. You can contract me through trip advisor or at jrose@sycamoreinvestments.com. I look forward to hearing from you.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I tried to cancel a reservation within 24 hrs of making it. No manager would give me a call back and the staff at the desk could care less. The reason for canceling the reservation was I fell and broke my leg. I was in the hospital. The Sales manager finally returned my call the day of the reservation. The hotel still billed me for the room.

I have to say it's not a problem with the Hilton brand just this particular hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JacquiRRose, Coporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for posting a review of your recent experience with our staff. I am very sorry that circumstances prevented your from staying with us. All reservations over Masters week are non-refundable. When the need arises and a guest needs to make changes to the confirmed stay, we do everything we possibly can to re-sell the room. Given the nature of the vent, there really isn't much last minute demand so we are not able to rebook all the rooms that request consideration. I am very sorry that you did not get a call back from the sales staff. This issue has been addressed. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for you.
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My daughter and I came to Aiken for the 97th annual horse show. I chose this hotel because of the excellent reviews. We were not disappointed. It is one of the best hotels I have stayed in. The room was very clean and the staff made us feel very welcomed. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time post a review of your recent stay with us. We are very happy that you decided to stay with us and had a great experience. The trip advisor community will enjoy know that your decision was based on their reviews and that we did not disappoint. We look forward to welcoming back for a future equestrian event.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I think this is one of the best hotels in Aiken SC. I have stayed at two others which were not as nice as the Hilton Gardens. No problems checking in, staff was extremely friendly, and the rooms were very clean. I will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very friendly staff made our recent stay during the Masters great. Important note regarding the beds, the first night I thought I was sleeping on a concrete slab until reading through the room guide and noticed that the beds have an adjustable firmness lever. Once adjusted I slept comfortably for the rest of the stay. The free breakfast offerings during the Masters was a nice touch as well.

Room Tip: Note the adjustable firmness control on the beds
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
JacquiRRose, Corporate Director of Sales & Marketing, Owner Representative at Hilton Garden Inn Aiken, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your enthusiasm for our hotel with the trip advisor community, i am happy to see that you had a good experience while in Aiken for the Masters. It is such an exciting time for our community. We hope you will be back again soon. In the mean time, we wish you safe travels and much success.
Harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We found this hotel on the web and picked it because it looked like a good location. This is a beautiful hotel located near a lot of restaurants and the mall. The lobby is very quiet and has a nice atmosphere. The hotel is very quiet and the staff were so friendly and efficient. They serve great food (not included in the room fee.) We ordered breakfast to our liking and it was wonderful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted to see that you had a good experience as our guest. I hope we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Aiken? Share your experiences!