“Bridget's is Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bridget's Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Ambler
Cross street: Main
Roslyn, PA
“Bridget's is Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went to Bridget's for an early Valentine's Day dinner (3 days early, to avoid the mobs). I had been there once before with my work, and it was one of the best steaks I'd ever had, so I was eager to return and share the experience with my husband. It was cold & snowy, and they do offer free valet, but we opted to park behind the restaurant and walk in.

The décor is lovely, romantic, and since we had reservations, they showed us immediately to our table. They sat us at a 2-top which was fine, but there were 2 4-tops across from us; it would have been nice to have some space to spread out. My husband pointed out that perhaps they were reserved, but the 1 1/2 hours we were there, no one sat at them. It was quiet enough of an evening that they would not have had anyone wait had they given us the table. Also, we had to ask our waiter if there were any specials, as opposed to him offering them up. Overall, these are my only "complaints".

As many point out, even though it's a steak house, they do have many other menu items. We did, however, opt for the steak! We ordered the Bridget's Best Butcher Block meal for 2, which included a 10 oz center cut filet & a 14 oz dry aged NY strip, and we opted for the asparagus & smashed potatoes as our 2 sides. We also ordered a pork spring roll as an appetizer, and I thought given the overall prices (though this was the cheapest appetizer) it would be a tiny appetizer, but I was pleasantly surprised at the portion - oh, and it was delicious! The meat was cooked to our specifications precisely, which is saying a lot as my husband likes his almost raw. The steak wasn't quite as delicious as I remembered (perhaps I built it up in my head), but it was close! The sauces served with the steaks were fantastic as well – one was a mild horseradish and the other, a thick au jus. The presentation was fabulous, but this ties into my table "complaint". They even joked that table space is at a premium with this meal, and they truly utilized every last square inch and had to maneuver many things around in order to fit it! They couldn't know we were going to order this when they sat us, but still...

We couldn't leave without dessert - we got the apple pie & a whipped Nutella confection (served with strawberries in a chocolate wafer bowl. Both were scrumptious, and given we are definitely not in strawberry season, I forgive the 2 small strawberries served with mine because overall it was THAT good.

Our waiter was pleasant and unobtrusive, and when I asked where the restroom was, one of the floor people actually walked me to it, which was nice. It was a bit odd as it's a door right off the bar & dining room to an open 1-person bathroom, plenty large for wheelchair accessibility. When I was there last, you had to go up the stairs to the restroom. It was clean and bright, and they has a heater working in there, and it was so nice & warm I didn't want to leave!

We noticed some friends of ours at a 2-top near the exit, and as we chatted they invited us to pull up some chairs as their appetizer wasn't out yet. We did, and apologized as staff came by with the appetizer, drinks, etc, but the staff didn't bat an eye and made sure to make us feel at home even though we're sure we were in their way.
Due to the cost ($153 including tip but remember we did order an appetizer & 2 desserts), this is not a meal we'd have for every date night, but will definitely be back for a special occasion!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Decent but not what I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

The food was excellent, no doubt but the atmosphere leaves something to be desired. My opinion is that when you are paying over $40.00 an entree I do not expect a corner bar experience. With the price of the entrees I would expect a much nicer experience. The restaurant was so loud my wife and I could barely hear each other.

Visited February 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Consistently Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

This is one of our go-to places for a date nights, friends, family and even special events. The varied menu is consistently a crowd-pleaser and the service is top notch. Drinks and atmosphere round things out to make this a favorite.

Visited December 2013
Hatboro, Pennsylvania
“Never a MISTAKE to go to BRIDGET'S”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

U will never be making a mistake with any type of Dinner at Bridget's we've had many of family parties along with many of dinners with Friends . There is a menu for all needs and they work with you to make in a memorable time.i just love the place and people that r there the staff & Bar tenders always are very attentive .

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Restaurant in Ambler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Bridgets is a great steak house with friendly atmosphere, delicious food and always a terrific place to go and meet with friends. You can stop in in jeans or dressed up. This is our go- to place and it never disappoints. If you haven't tried, you will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013