Everything positive. We've stayed at many Holiday Inn Express's and this one definitely met our expectations of a great stay.
Two tiny, tiny issues.....first was my fault. I usually travel on weekends so staying on a Sunday night, I assumed the breakfast buffet was available until 10:00am. When I went to eat at 9:10 on Monday morning, it had closed a 9:00am. Clear as day, there was a sign saying it would but I missed it. That was my bad.
When reserving the room, as I have with every Holiday Inn Express stay, I identified myself as a government employee for the government rate. Upon check-in, the lady asked me if I was traveling on business or personal. I answered personal. She then asked to see my ID, which I showed her. I am a government civilian employee. She then politely stated that she would give me the rate 'anyway.'
Not sure what that means, lady, but I qualify for the government rate. Sorry to disappoint you. I could show you my veteran's ID too but that wasn't a question.
Anyway, upon check-in, the question business or personal is not relavant if it's not asked when making a reservation too.
Other than that, it was a great stay.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Altoona Hotel Altoona
- Holiday Inn Express Altoona Hotel
- Holiday Inn Altoona
- Altoona Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everything at Holiday Inn Express - Altoona, PA is designed so that you can relax. We know that all you really need is a place to be yourself. Contemporary hospitality and our friendly staff are eagerly awaiting your visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Altoona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.