“Nice Place In The City” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Monterey, Tennessee
“Nice Place In The City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Nice place over all . It is right in the city but not noisy. Close to everything. We would stay here again. They are pet friendly BUT they have non refundable $75.00 Fee for each animal.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Altoona, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
It is always a pleasure to read that a guest has enjoyed their stay. I am especially happy to hear that you found our location to be close to everything and NOT noisy. Often times when staying in a "city" guests have to trade comfort for convenience. I hope that you choose to stay with us again on a return trip.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bailey622
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I booked a block of rooms with this hotel for my wedding in June. I also booked a suite for my husband and myself on our wedding night. I spoke to the manager Jennifer many times, and each time she so nice and friendly. I spoke to Autumn once, and she was very pleasant as well. Everyone at this hotel is so nice. Jennifer told me that they had a "honeymoon package" that would get us the suite, and a few little extras like breakfast in bed, champagne etc. It was so nice, we had a late check in around midnight, and the man at the front desk was still polite and smiling even with it being late. Our room was covered with rose petals, we had a swan on the coffee table with hershey kisses surrounding it. A bottle of champagne, and chocolate covered strawberries. The room is very large, with a flat panel TV, a computer, printer, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, and bottled water and snacks in the refrigerator. Although, I think you may need to let the front desk know whether you want to use the computer or not, it sounded like it was on, and the monitor would not come on? Oh well, no biggie. They gave us a check list when we arrived of all the food we wanted for our "breakfast in bed" in the morning. Everything we requested arrived on time, and was pretty good.

Also, I asked Jennifer if I could drop off gift bags to be handed out to my guests when they checked in, and they all made it to the right guests. I thought that was nice they kept them for me and handed them out. The hotel has been recently renovated, I think there was a Day's Inn before this was renovated, and they did such a nice job. Everything was clean, (no bed bugs or dirt) lol. Lots of clean towels and complimentary snacks and water. The bed was comfortable as well, not too hard, not too soft. All in all, if you are visiting Altoona, I would recommend this hotel over all the others. Everything was great for us :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
I believe that romance is about the little things, and I am thrilled that we were able to be part of your wedding memories. I personally attended to your room that weekend to ensure that everything was as it should be! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness together. We are also a great venue to host baby showers when the time comes. = )
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

My sister and I recently stayed at this hotel and were so impressed with everything - the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms were very comfortable and clean, the breakfast each morning was delicious! Our favorite part of staying there was sitting out in the beautiful courtyard each evening enjoying the fireflies. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay there and would not hesitate to go again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
The fireflies are indeed a wonderful sight to see. Many of our guests are often surprised by our beautiful outdoor patio, water features and putting green. I was very pleased to read your review and see this feature mentioned. I hope that you are able to enjoy the atmosphere on a return trip. Have a great summer!
Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Stayed for three nights in a double queen-bed room. Perfect for what we needed. Very clean and tidy. Autumn on reception was extremely friendly and very helpful, as was Michael. Good complimentary breakfast in morning to set you up for the day. Location was perfect for our purposes but you will need a car or taxis to get anywhere apart from the couple of restaurants nearby. Reception will happily arrange a taxi for you ! Great stay - thanks

• Stayed May 2011
I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our staff members go the extra mile to ensure that our guests have everything that they need...including a taxi! We hope to see you again on a return trip.
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised with this hotel; great room, great service, decent breakfast, quiet and comfortable, a little pricey for Altoona, but otherwise a great overnight stay,.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Altoona, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
I am always excited to receive a review such as yours. We take a great deal of pride in the quality of service and ammenities that we offer. It is wonderful for our staff to hear that their efforts are appreciated. Pancakes will be added to our Express Start Breakfast options beginning in April. We are excited to offer this new item and hope that our guests will also appreciate our ongoing efforts to maintain great customer service. We hope to see you again!
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

My wife & I, recently had the opportunity to twice visit Altoona to meet family. Once in Mid-December 2010 for two nights & for three nights in January 2011. Also booked a room for our daughter, son-in-law & their sons, 10 months & 2 years old, who required cribs.

In all respects, facilities, staff & room value exceeded expectations.

The 'Front Desk' personnel, particularly 'Bonnie', were outstanding; as was the young man who was especially knowledgeable about all restaurant choices in the city.
We are planning future family visits to VA & NC and will definitely make it our only preferred stop during our drive from & back to Toronto.

Extremely Satisfied Guests

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
altoonaexpress, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Altoona, responded to this review, February 8, 2011
It is always a pleasure to receive such kind remarks from our guests. I have shared your comments with Bonnie and Michael. They exemplify the standard of service that we strive to maintain at our property. We hope to see you again on your next trip!
North Crolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2010

This hotel appears to have been another hotel at some point, possibly a Days Inn. Small things such as the metal doors, small bathrooms, etc., are not what I find at newer HIE hotels.
That said, it appears to have been completely renovated and the bed, furniture, etc., were of high quality. The staff at check-in were friendly and helpful. The breakfast is the typical HIE breakfast with pre-made omelets and sausage as the hot items, along with cereals, and fruit. It was pricier that most other HIE hotels I stayed at.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
You are correct. We were a Days Inn when we first opened our doors. Since that time we have proudly joined the Holiday Inn Express family, and in fact we were the first in Central PA to showcase the new logo and ammenities found at the new Holiday Inn Express hotels. I am pleased that you found our renovations to be of high quality. We strive to maintain our reputation as a quality hotel. We hope to see you again on a return trip!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Altoona? Share your experiences!