“Great variety with food and beer” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Gallitzin
“Great variety with food and beer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I was really impressed with Champs. The mussels in Thai peanut sauce are heavenly and their beer selection is outstanding. They definitely go beyond regular old bar food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“I wish I would have found this place sooner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Traveling across PA on a semi-regular basis, I try to find new places to eat each trip. This one just went to the top of the list! It's a sports bar, so there are TVs everywhere. There's an extensive draft list, full of excellent microbrews, with extremely reasonable growler prices. We both had salads, which were substantial, filling, and beautifully plated. The dressing was already on the salad, and somehow the perfect amount of dressing was applied. There was no excess dressing at the bottom of the plate AND there was no dry lettuce. I really wasn't expecting this quality of salad at a sports bar. Typically when I go to a sports bar I expect good wings and burgers (next trip), not good salads. I can't wait to come back!

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Service ok - food good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We were seated in the upper floor area, and it was not busy. The food was decent, the beer flight was very good, but expensive for just getting 4 different options, as compared to another local restaurant where there was an option for 8, at a price very close to Champs.
The waitress was ok. Not overly friendly - and did not check in as often as I thought she should since it really was not busy.

Visited May 2014
Aliquippa, Pennsylvania
“Get the wings!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

The servers really hustled! We sat right down, our wings came, and the food was really outstanding. We got steak salads, HUGE salads, really,really fresh.I love the wings (meek!) hot and sweet. Our waitress, Danielle, was lovely and FAST on her feet.

Visited April 2014
Seward, Pennsylvania
“Great Atmosphere and Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Came here on President's Day for lunch, party of two. We were the first people here at 12pm. We got seated right away and waited on. I ordered the salmon sandwich with crock pot mac and cheese. Everything was very good. It was a huge sandwich and was hard for me to eat all of it. The mac and cheese is really good as well! Very cheesy and lots of flavor!

The building was large, two stories. Lots of room and seating. Great atmosphere for a sport's bar.

One thing I would recommend is that the dinners they have aren't available until 4 or 4:30, and we had really wanted to try them. So look online at the menu before you go to make sure you would prefer the lunch or dinner menu.

• Visited January 2014