“Authentic Mexican” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
State Collage
“Authentic Mexican”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The service was great and so was the food. The prices are as good as it gets at an ethnic restaurant. We have been there a half dozen times or so and I have tried a different meal every time. I have not been disappointed with any of them. I love the chips and salsa that is served almost as soon as you get seated.They will refill it for you. The place is clean and the music makes you think you are in Mexico. Yes, I have been in Mexico. So if you like Mexican food or want to try it for the first time; this is the place to go. The drinks are good too.

• Visited March 2014

Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Go-to place for Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We always get a great meal here. Fresh, fast food and excellent service keeps us coming back.
The atmosphere is festive and clean. I prefer the grilled chicken salad but you can't go wrong with any dish.

Visited January 2014
“Really good Mexican right next to I-99”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

From one try, I am very pleased with this restaurant. All the food was well prepared and richly flavored, just a pleasure. The location is fantastic, a tennis-ball throw from I-99 Plant Rd. exit and thus the perfect travel stop.

Visited January 2014
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“1ST choice Mexican Restaurant in the Altoona Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have eaten in Mexican Restaurants in Mexico, Texas, Colorado, Florida and all the Mexican restaurants in Altoona. I have returned to the Montezuma many times. When I am in the mood for Mexican food in the Altoona area, its at Montezuma. The service has always been attentive and helpful. Part of serving great food is presentation on the plate. Every meal I have eaten at the Montezuma has not only tasted great, but the presentation puts them a step above other Mexican Restaurants. Their margaritas are reasonably priced. The atmosphere is friendly and decorated like one would expect in a Mexican Restaurant. Love their 2 for 1 coupons although they can make me feel guilty for getting such great service, great food and great prices. (Even without a coupon)

• Visited September 2013
“Best Mex in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Staff is very friendly and attentive. Munch on tortillas and salsa while you wait for your order. Food is great and it doesnt take as long as most places to get in and out, which my wife and I love. Montezumas is our favorite restaurant in Altoona.

• Visited August 2013