“Love Lakemont!” 4 of 5 stars

Altoona, PA
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Altoona
More attraction details
Owner description: The eighth oldest park in the United States.
Charleston, South Carolina
16 attraction reviews
“Love Lakemont!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I grew up in Johnstown, I used to go to Lakemont as a kid and now I take my daughter to the park every time we go home to visit. It's $5 to get in on certain days in the summer and that includes the amusement and water park - I mean where on earth can you go to a park for that much? Where I currently live it costs us nearly $30 a person to get into the county fair...
Anyway, if you want Six Flags - then don't go here, because that is not Lakemont's thing. This is an older amusement park, with old school rides - you will not find a Millennium Force roller coaster here. My daughter is 3 and we spend hours riding the kiddie rides, then a few more hours swimming in the big pirate themed water park....Very small amusement park, but loads of fun and at a cost you will not find anywhere else...

Visited June 2013

Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
“Sad park drive the 10 miles to Delgrosso's.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

How can anyone think this park is even slightly, ok? The place is falling down. No shade in the summer "you fry if u are not at the water park " I remember what a jem this park was in a yesteryear. It s not nostalgia behind me ripping apart this park its simply run down the rides are old, outdated, carnival style at best. Seriously people there is a jem right down the road at delgrosso's spring an extra 6 bucks or so and take the family to a nice family park that's not falling apart.

Visited June 2013
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“roller coaster malfunction!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My daughter rode the roller coaster on Thursday july 18th 2013. the two girls that were running the rollercoaster were busy texting on their phones did not check to see if the safety bar was latched , started the roller coaster and while my 11 year old was going down the first hill which by way is the highest one!!!! the bar flipped up and she knew at least to hold onto the side of of the seat!!! she was crying when the ride was over!!! I went to the manager of the park and he acted as if I was a crazy woman and did not want to be bothered. all he said was " I will have maintenance look at it".. she is now afraid of rollercoasters and I don't blame her!!!!! Today I got on my computer and low and behold a woman at six flages was killed yesterday for the same thing happening !!!!How scary Don't go to lakemont !!!!

Latrobe, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“First visit to Lakemount Amusement Park”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Checked out this park on line and decided to visit with my nephews. Very disappointed in this park. The rides looked more like carnival rides then amusement rides. The water park was a bit disappointing as well. My nephews liked the water slides and we enjoyed our rides on both coasters, and the price is very cheap to get in, however they charge for additional attractions once your inside so that adds to the park admission and by the time your done, it is just about as expensive as going to the bigger parks. I am not planning a visit back to this park.

Ontario, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“Great fun for the price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This park was great and the staff were quite friendly. For only $9.95 each it was well worth it. There were many rides and all in close proximity.
Highly recommended.

Visited July 2013

Been to Lakemont Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Lakemont Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.