“college drop off” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Allentown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Monticello, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

If you're considering staying here PLEASE take the time to read my entire review... I have stayed at many places in the past and I don't normally complain and this is my first time ever writing a review but here goes. The location was the only good thing about this place. Upon entering the hotel I noticed the complimentary coffee and tea area was very messy and the furniture in the lobby was stained and dirty (would not sit on it) but not that big of a deal. After receiving our room keys we parked our car around the side of the building closer to our room and there was trash over flowing out of the garbage cans and on to the ground outside of the door and it smelt very bad. The hallway carpets were also badly stained and dirty and needed to be vacuumed. When we went into the room the first thing we noticed was the smell (it was bad). The carpets were stained and the bathroom was dirty. The shower had a visible ring around it. The toilet didn't flush and the sink clogged when ever you turned the water on. We changed rooms and the second room was a little better but not much. The bed skirts looked like they had not been changed in months and one even looked like it had blood on it and the comforters were also stained. The coffee pot and cups were inside of a drawer underneath the television. The gym was terrible...it smelt, it was dirty, some of the equipment was broken and unusable and unsafe. The water cooler was also broken. The pool area was a joke...the floors were dirty and hadn't been mopped, not even during our 4 days there. I put something on the floor just to see if it would get cleaned up and it never did. There was supposed to be a hot tub but there was a plant planted inside of it. It was the funniest and oddest thing I ever saw. The pool was very cloudy and you couldn't see the bottom of it, (my children convinced me to get in it any ways) but the chemicals were obviously not balanced. There were non working but still attached to the electrical system light fixtures inside the pool that kept coming out of the pool walls and children were playing with them. Also inside the pool on the tiles people had written there names or initials and other messages in the scum. They only give you 3 towels and wash cloths in your room even if you're a family of 4. And when you ask for more, depending on who's working at the desk (an old lady with light hair) they write it down and look at you like you're going to steel them. The TV and ATM machine were not working for half of one of our days there and our keys stopped working twice. But here comes the biggest thing of all... After our first night my eldest son told me that he had gotten bit by something in his sleep. I thought it was a mosquito and just brushed it off. On the second night my youngest son woke up with about four bites on his body and my oldest had a few more bites too. My husband told the front desk and they said they would go in and change the linen and thoroughly clean our room. We got back at about 10pm and the only thing housekeeping did was make our beds like usual with the same linen we already had for the past few nights. Still not sure if it was bed bugs or not my husband and I switched beds with the kids just to be safe and sure enough him and I both woke up with bites on us too. I took pictures and showed them to the front desk supervisor. She was very kind and apologetic and refunded us our money. But it didn't change the fact that my eldest son was allergic to them and he swelled up very badly and we also ended up bring them home with us some how. After our first night back home we all woke up with bug bites on us. I spent a fortune on laundry and disinfectants and cleaners for the house and beds. I would never stay there again and after that experience I'm leery to stay at any other hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Booked this "3 star" hotel through Hotwire. While Hotwire did get me a great price, this Days Hotel is not 3 star. My room was spacious and clean, but the overall condition of this Days Hotel is tired. Some improvements are being worked on, but not at an aggressive enough pace. The biggest disappointment for me was finding the hot tub filled in with plastic trees, plants and moss. Who does that?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Amanda K, Front Office Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport/Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. I apologize that your stay wasn’t outstanding, as this is what we strive to provide all of our guests.

As you noted, our property is currently undergoing some renovations. We are working hard to have our hotel newly renovated in a timely manner, but some of these projects, such as adding our elevators, take time. Please know that we aware of the nuisance it has caused some guests, but we are doing our best to have all renovations done as quickly as possible.

I also apologize for your disappointment in the removal of our hot tub however; we do still offer our guests the convenience of our indoor heated pool for those cold days.

Again thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel and we are hopeful to see you in your future travels.

Amanda Kovacs
Front Office
Pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The room was very small. I was told there would be a mini refrigerator and there was none. There were people carrying on in the parking lot until 2 am right outside our window. The bathroom was small with hardly any counter space. The room was very clean upon our arrival, but only the bed was made and the towels replaced for the rest of our stay. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel. We appreciate all feedback as this how we continually improve upon experiences had by our guests while visiting the property.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you endured during your stay. We are aware that noise outside of guest rooms can be a nuisance, which is why we suggest our guests give a call to the front desk so we may put an end to whatever the noise issue may be.

Unfortunately we are still in the process of updating all guest rooms to include a refrigerator and microwave. We do try to accommodate all guests, and should you choose to give us another opportunity, we offer for you to inform our front desk if your room does not have a refrigerator and we will do our best to provide you with one.

I am aware you said you will not stay here again; however we would like the opportunity to provide you with an outstanding stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to write your review. We hope to see you in your future travels.

Amanda Kovacs
Front Office

Been to Days Hotel Allentown Airport/Lehigh Valley? Share your experiences!