“Poor customer service at this hotel!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
30% More Wyndham Rewards
Ranked #14 of 26 hotels in Allentown
Meyersdale PA
“Poor customer service at this hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Where to begin.... My husband n I booked this rm thru Hotwire ( will never use them again as well). Contacted hotel a few days prior to arrival to let them know it will be a late check in and to reconfirm reservation for 4 ppl ( 2 adults 2 teens). No prob per hotel just as long as its before 2am. Arrived at hotel 1145pm to come n find they only had 1 rm left n it only had 1 bed - we were told in a rude manner they said they are not required to save a room for 4 ppl since we did not book the rm thru them - they only had to save a rm. a room btw that was not cleaned. Bathroom sink was filled w water???? And hair on the sink. Toilet was used n dirty towel on the floor. Went up to the rude front desk lady to tell her  - she argued it was serviced n was not dirty. Now our confirmation sheet form Hotwire states this...all rooms guaranteed to sleep the number of guests during your search but we cannot guarantee the number of beds. What does this mean??? If u book thru Hotwire u may wanna plan on sleeping on the floor!!!!  So my husband called hotwire as soon as we got into our dirty 1 bed room  n sat on hold for a 1/2 hr. At this point he was exhausted n furious n hung up. Got up the next day n checked out n my husband told them not to even ask how his stay was unless they want everyone who was in the lobby n eating breakfast to hear how awful their customer service is!!!!!!  He later emailed hotwire - they called the hotel n the hotel then told Hotwire that we had 2 beds in our rm n we had no complaints!!!!!!!!!!!! The one worker who was there when we checked in - showed us they call rms that are booked thru these sites "run of houae" t- they r required to save a rm they have left even tho it shows 4 ppl were checking in  my questions is this.... Where is the courtesy at these days? Why  didn't they  say - we have a save  dbl rm for this reservation.  Why does this hotel deal w these sites if they plan on treating their customers like 3rd class citizens.   We r til this moment fighting w Hotwire n hotel bout this matter n it's a wk later. I don't kno what outrages me more hotel or Hotwire. No customer service on ea side!!!! I would highly recommend not using this hotel or Hotwire to book. Lies everywhere!!!!!!   Just received word from Hotwire staying the hotel downgraded our room n they ( Hotwire) has no idea why.
They are offering 25$ Hotwire $$$ backto us.....

• Stayed July 2012
Tina F, General Manager at Days Hotel Allentown Airport/Lehigh Valley, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
I would like to start by apologizing for the inconvenience you experienced on your visit to the Days Hotel. I know it can be frustrating when things don't go right, especially while travelling away from home. We take all reviews very seriously & use them to better the hotel. I have brought your review to the attention of my front desk staff so that in the future they can better deal with this type of situation & also show more empathy towards our guests. The cleanliness issues you experienced are unacceptable & have been addressed with our housekeeping team.

As for the room type associated with your Hotwire reservation, this problem can arise during busier times as this type of reservation is not booked with a certain room type. What this means is as long as the hotel has rooms available, no matter what type, Hotwire will make a reservation & you are given whatever room type is available. We always try to be as accommodating as possible, but if another guest has made a reservation, which has a room type specified, we have to honor their reservation. My solution for this problem is that it is always best to make your reservation through the hotel directly. This way we can reserve the exact room type you need & that room type will be held for you until you check in.

I hope this does not deter you from visiting the Days Hotel again, we would appreciate the opportunity for another chance at providing you with a better experience. If there is anything I can do for you please don't hesitate to contact me at Tina.Fawcett@ghmproperties.com.

Thank You for choosing to stay with us here at the Days Hotel & I apologize again that your visit was not all you hoped it would be.

Tina Fawcett

394 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Warwick, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I ended up with this hotel after selecting an attractive price on a third party website. I was worried about the property based on other reviews, but it wasn't too bad for a room under $60. We used this place only as a stopover while on a roadtrip. The bed was ok, and the room seemed fairly clean, though I don't know that I was ever truly comfortable here. The property is directly across from the airport, but I didn't hear a single plane. All in all this place was OK for a place to sleep, but nothing more.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We arrived later in the evening, hoping to drink at the lounge. It was closed. This was a Saturday night. I paid 120 dollars for the room which was a king no smoking. The put us in the basement and the whole floor stunk like cigarettes and mildew. We got into the room, there was feices not only in the toilet but on the seat. Garbage in the trash can. Hair in the shower. Mirror was dirty. When we went on 7-29-12, I checked for bed bugs and there were none. The curtains were busted. We got switched to a new room and it was better but there was still hair in the shower. The toilet seat was broken completely and it still smelt like smoke. We just went to sleep and went to the breakfast the next morning. It was horrible. There were only two types of cereal and tiny tiny pastries that were stale and no selection at all. At the point when we left, we just wanted to go home. Worst hotel ever and I can't believe they charged me over a hundred dollars!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Austin, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

This hotel is now called Days Inn.

PROS:
* Cheap, 24-hour fitness room
* Free Internet; two free computers in the business room
* Free shuttle (but not to casino -- too far)
* Free coffee & tea in room, free newspapers, friendly staff.

CONS:
* Not within walking distance of anything. No restaurants or convenience stores nearby.
* Shuttle doesn't go to casino (it's 8 miles away, outside the 5-mile shuttle radius)
* Rooms are kind of small.
* Can't choose shower water pressure (pressure & temperature are the same handle, so you get max every time whether you want it or not).
* When we arrived a man was hanging around the front desk with his trousers halfway down his butt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

The hotel staff could care less about anything than sitting around talking with each other and not waiting on you. Air conditioning unit in room was loud and on its last legs. Botched my free continental breakfast by not telling me what was included in the free breakfast and cooking me a crappy omelet that ended up being $6.95 for one or two bites. Called the front desk to try to get the charge reversed and they were unresponsive. My advice would be to stay away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Days Hotel Allentown Airport/Lehigh Valley? Share your experiences!