“Loved it !!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Allentown
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Loved it !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2005

I stayed at a couple Microtel Inn's and let me tell you... this place was great. The rooms are cozy with a window seat, they sell discounted tickets to Dorney Park, have a great breakfast (I dont know what the other person was talking about)... they have bagels, muffins, flavors of coffee, cereal and milk, fruit... etc.
But the BEST part is the FREE LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALLS !!!!

It was great, I was on the phone the entire evening - didnt have to waste my minutes (it was a weekday) on my cell phone. The front desk staff is very polite and professional and the entire hotel looks like it was completely new.

Overall, I was very pleased here.

• Stayed June 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Providence
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2005

Stayed at the Microtel over the Memorial Day weekend '05 (Fri-Sat night). Can't complain about the room rate, but there are reasons for it being inexpensive. The room is, in fact, micro (while individual hotels are franchised, the system is run by the No. American division of the French chain and the rooms reflect a "European-sized" scale). The double bed just fitted into the room, but was fairly comfortable. Bathroom fixtures are "Home Depot" basic grade--utilitarian. The room was well-cleaned each day (they replaced the original secretarial chair that was stained with a clean one). The front desk was pathetic--the room phone kept flashing that there was a message the entire two days, but when I called the front desk to inquire about it, I was told that a new voice mail message system was being installed and the phone would continue to flash until the new system was up and running. A friend had, in fact, called me while I was out and left a message. Guess the front desk didn't want to be bothered. Avoid the pitiful continental breakfast--grab a coffee and bagel at one of the numerous places on Airport Rd. OK for a single person for a night or two, but for couples or families it is awfully cramped quarters.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2005

At first I thought we had gotten a good deal- only 40 dollars a night. Our room was small but it was big enough to sleep in. The hallways were old and the hallways stunk of smoke. Our neighbor was up all night with the television loud so we asked him to lower it and finally he did. Then at 330am we heard loud rap music and people shouting like there was a party. The hotel was very noisey. The continental breakfast was made up of cold cereal. The staff was not friendly saying hello or goodbye or even asking us how our stay was. I guess that is what you get for 40 dollars. I wouldve gladly paid 70 or 80 dollars a night to have stayed at more expensive hotel across the street.

• Stayed May 2005
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2004

This was our second stay here. Last time, we had a room on the first floor facing toward the back of the hotel. No problem then. This time we were on the second floor, facing the front. The place is in need of repair, and apparently they are renovating it. I hope they plan on fixing the floors. The hallway floor looked warped and seemed like it was made of very flimsy material. It seemed unstable and we could hear ever step made from the floor above us. Structurally it was like a big trailer home! In our room, we could hear everything (and I mean everything) going on in the next room late into the night. We were awakened several times during the night by noise from outside as well. They need to install better quality windows that seal properly. We were finally awakened for the day by what sounded like a room of stampeding animals above us at 4:30 a.m. This place is in serious need of sound-proofing. The heater made loud noise if we turned it on, so we just left it off. The shower head was pitiful with only a dribble of water, not a pleasant find after a bad night. It was a horrible experience. We were booked for 2 nights but checked out early. The woman at the front desk didn't ask how everything was, nor did she ask why we had to check out early. They have a ton of work to do to fix things here. On the lighter side, it's a fairly clean place. No smell of smoke in the non-smoking room. The continental breakfast had improved from our last stay with plenty of bagels, english muffins, fresh apples, blueberry muffins, cereals and such. Coffee and tea are available 24 hours.

Liberty, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2004

We stayed mid week--a Weds. night. I thought this hotel was excellent for the price ($50). It was very clean, free coffee any time. And my son loved the window seat!! It was very convenient to Dorney Park and lots of places to eat nearby.

Tulsa, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2004

We recently stayed at the Microtel Inn. I am always skeptical of the economy chains, due to some previous bad experiences, however I was satisfied. The rooms are EXTREMELY small. We had a king room and there was barely enough room for our luggage, but we only slept there, so really it's not a big deal. For the price I paid I was happy.

• Stayed August 2004

Been to Knights Inn and Suites Allentown? Share your experiences!