“Good location, but that's all....” 1 of 5 stars

Knights Inn and Suites Allentown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1880 Steelstone Road, Allentown, PA 18103   |
Ranked #14 of 27 Hotels in Allentown
Cherry Hill, NJ
“Good location, but that's all....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed one night, and glad that was all. Will not return. The hallway smelled, as did the bathroom. The room was dirty - needs not only a fresh coat of paint but a complete renovation. I killed three bugs in the room. Continental breakfast was one of the worst I've seen - ended up going out for breakfast. The plus side is there is a shopping center next door and many restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Blackstone, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The hotel is connected to a big shopping plaza with lots of restaurants and stores, but thats whats NEAR the hotel. Sure the location is very good, but when you're actually in the hotel, the hallway rug is dirty and the hallway are SEVERELY dimly lit. The room's bathroom couldve been a little nicer, no particular reason. The TV is an old boxed tv and on the closet door so its so high up, it almost touches the ceiling- Not comfortable to watch. The bed was fairly comfortable but the thing under the bed spread was all rolled up on the sides, so it made bumps you had to sleep on. The guy at the reception desk was nice, but the breakfast was pitiful dispite what it may look like. If that could be fixed, i would consider staying here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: On the top floor, our room's view of the parking lot was blocked by a tree, but I didnt care bec...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Vevey, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night. No, it is not a great hotel, but one must keep in mind the low price. I found the public spaces and my room clean and well maintained, everything worked, there were a coffee machine and a much appreciated refrigerator. Staff were more efficient than smooth. Breakfast was surprisingly varied and generous, far better than the danish pastries found in similar places. Altogether, a satisfactory experience, especially for my wallet.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Allentown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel one night before I was to fly out of LVIA. The room was so tiny and filthy. There were 4 light fixtures in the room- only one of them worked. There were stains on the window seat, The phone said wake calls- I called the front desk for a wake up call in the morning and they said they don't do that anymore. Then they should remove that from the phone.I will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Wow. I have stayed in a lot of hotels for work and pleasure over the years, and I think I may have found the worst.
I had a meeting in the area and booked at the last minute on my phone app--so I admittedly did not check out the reviews before booking. I will never do that again.
I won't make this a super-long review, since every review of this property seems to say the same thing but I have included pictures of two of the most disgusting items in the room--the filthy window seat stained with what looks like years of fluids, and a rodent turd on top of the blanket I was supposed to sleep under, but instead slept on top of. Oh--and just also want to mention the people roaming up and down the halls at all hours of the night, as well as setting off the fire alarm at 2AM and the Allentown Fire Department knocking on the door at 3AM and demanding to see in my bathroom.

I stayed here because I know Knights Inn is a Wyndham Hotel property, and I am really surprised that they would allow such standards. It will make me think MORE than twice about booking at another Wyndham property in the future. There are plenty of other options in this area, including an Extended Stay America, and for $20 more, it is WELL WORTH IT for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Westerly, Rhode Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

From the outside it is nice looking and the lobby is not bad either,but when you get to the room WOW is all i can say about everything that we found wrong. Even complaining we were unable to get our money back so we could go elsewhere so we had no choice but to stay but hopefully this will stop others from going thru the same hell we did.To begin with the bedding on both beds were so ripped and stained (almost sure one of the stains was a huge urine stain) burn holes ,thread bare sheets that you could see thru,(this so far is mild).The mattress on one bed had a dip in it so bad that i placed a pillow beside me to help stop from rolling into it, that did not work so needless to say not alot of sleep and hurt my back.The other beds box spring had a huge rip in it 12 inches or longer. The curtains were water stained, the chair was so badly stained we didn't dare put anything on it, there was dried blood or something along that line on two of the walls.We left the room early and when we came back there was a do not disturb sign on our door and the key did not work, we went down to find out why and we were told we hung the sign ,we told them we didn't and got an attitude.Imagine our surprise when we opened the door to a room that never got cleaned but someone had been in the room because we found long black hairs on the sheets of one of the beds, and neither of us in the room have black hair, but the housekeeper we passed in the hall that morning did.The halls are loud way into the morning yelling and beating on doors, a dog barking half the night,there are alot of weekly people living there,young child in the evevator with cups of sugar packets they took from the lobby (wonder where the parents were).A strange noise in the room on and off during the night, also the house keepers do a real bad job cleaning, there was dirt along the walls where the vac. didn't get, i even found pot seeds and stems on the floor, so the cleaning staff suck......I just hope this keeps people away from this hotel................

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Wow. I do not know where to start except to say this is NOT a two star hotel. For starters the television was at least 20 years old and the fixtures were extremely outdated. In the bathroom the tissue holder that was above the toilet didn't fit as they obviously had been replaced and did not fit the holder.

My main problem with the hotel is the dirt. The carpet had food that was there prior to our stay and it ever was swept up at all. The bathroom floor was sticky and dirty and the comforter and the sheets were dirty with marker stains on the sheets from a prior guest.

I know that there are four star hotels and also one star hotels. What is inexcusable, it the dirt! The common areas had litter in the stairwells that was never removed and they didn't pay any attention to any small details. There are several other hotels in the area. My thought to you is to pay the extra money and avoid this property all together.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Knights Inn and Suites Allentown? Share your experiences!