“Convenient, Comfortable & Confusing.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of EconoLodge & Conference Center

You added EconoLodge & Conference Center to your Saves list
EconoLodge & Conference Center
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1151 Bulldog Drive, Allentown, PA 18104 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Allentown
NEW MONMOUTH
“Convenient, Comfortable & Confusing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

A conveniently located venue, just off Rt. 22 when you're in Allentown. Motel's amenities are dated, but serviceable. The TVs need upgrading but the channel selection is good. Clean, quiet rooms & comfortable bed. After several changes of ownership, Econolodge seems to be slowing upgrading the facilities. They've added free Wi-Fi, which is very welcome. Best of all, each room we've booked has a free microwave & mini-fridge. (Be sure to ask for them when you make a reservation!) This is very convenient if you don't want to go out late at night and crave a snack. We're sure this will be a big hit with families in the Summer as the motel is near Dorny Water Park & the rooms are big enough for the kids to spread out. The motel has many scattered wings and the hotel room numbering can be a bit confusing, so get a location map from the friendly staff when you register!

Room Tip: Request a "no charge" microwave & mini-fridge when you reserve. Great money saving fea...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Harrison K, Manager at EconoLodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. We really appreciate you sharing your experience. We try our hardest to make everyone's stay the most enjoyable possible. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Staten Island, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Stopped here overnight while traveling. I should have read some of these reviews first. As mentioned previously, isolated location along with what appeared to be very few guests (could count the cars on 1 hand), left me feeling vulnerable. Surprisingly, our room and bathroom were clean, but I was skeeved nevertheless. Did make it through the night...the included continental breakfast was nothing to write home about. The muffins were ok, but the coffee was terrible. I suggest to keep on driving!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Harrison K, Manager at EconoLodge & Conference Center, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Thank you for staying at the hotel, we do appreciate having you as a guest. We are happy to hear your compliment on the room cleaned to your satisfaction. I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding the coffee in the continental breakfast. Your comments have been addressed with the food and beverage director. He reported we are currently replacing that machine with a different brand. Also, we are very sorry to hear about the uneasy feeling you had due to the fact you did not see many cars in front of the rooms. During the winter, when the hotel is not full, we spread our occupied guest room away from each other, as to offer the most quiet and peaceful environment we are able to provide to all of our guests over this 27 acre property. We hope you would conciser staying with us again, perhaps during the summer, when you will be able to enjoy the benefits of this spread out property, such as the outdoor olympic sized swimming pool and volley ball court as well as our very close proximity to Dorney Park and other area attractions.
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Everything that was within their control was as it should be; but the pet fee should be lower; and although truck drivers prefer sheets to be changed after each stay, it is very uncomfortable if you are used to sleeping on a fitted sheet (within in no time I was laying on the mattress. It is a motor- hotel, and is perfect for truckers, but the lay out is different than a La Quinta or Comfort Inn. It is several spread-out buildings on a large spacious grounds. The staff was friendly, and helpful. The breakfast was better than we expected. Everything was very clean and worked properly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights alone. The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet and the price was right. It was exactly what I needed and it delivered. Helpful and courteous staff. Ckean pool. I'd stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for two nights...here are my thoughts. It is a large property on a dead end street, a bit isolated. Would not recommend for solo female traveller.

CONS: bathroom floors were very dirty,sink had hair in it.
Hot water took 10 minutes to arrive.
Coffee pot broken
Mattress pad too small
Breakast was terrible.
Juice was sour
Flies in pastry holder
Folded bedsheet covering the cereal dispenser because lid was missing.

PROS: really nice pool, convenient to dutch springs and dorney park
Cheap rate compared to others in area

• Stayed August 2013
Exton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am not a clean freak, but I was so disgusted that I had to leave in the middle of the night. First, the bathtub looked so gross that I took a shower with my flip flops on. Then the drain was closed (looked so gross that I did not want to touch it), so all of that nasty dirt was on my feet. I had to wash my feet when I got out of the shower. Next, I heard something dripping...it was the A/C unit dripping water on the carpet and on the electrical cords. That scared me, so I put towels on the floor to catch the water. I saw flies in the room but thought nothing of them until I woke up to see bugs/fleas all over my bed. At that point (3 AM), I decided I could not sleep there. I left and drove 2 hours home. I took a shower as soon as I got home because I felt the bugs/fleas might be on me. I would appreciate a refund.

Room Tip: Go to a more expensive hotel...this place is gross.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

First off, let me say it had a well maintained campus. Grass was cut, pretty fountain.
We arrived on a Tuesday afternoon and it was called the econolodge, not the rodeway inn so we initially thought we were not at the right place, then we drove around the place several times wondering how to get inside the building and where the office was. After trying several doors, we met Mr Bizati, who checked me in and sent me to room 217. Previous reviews are right on the money with this place and I wish I had read them before booking. It is a dump.
The room, upon opening the door smelled. I was overwhelmed with the mold, mildew scent. I booked a smoking room and was prepared for a smoke environment, but this was mold. Dank and dirty. Cigarette burns in the carpet. Broken furniture, stained mattresses. Windows, mirrors were covered in a film. The AC was a 3 prong plug plugged into a 2 prong outlet. Got a bad feeling right away and was on the phone to choice hotels 1-800# to complain to Leah, the rep for choice. A black shade of something on the ceiling. Cigarette burn on the linens, a stain of some sort on the pillow. A ring around the tub. Opened the fridge and more mold scent. This place is only fit for addicts and down on your luck kinds of people. I removed the items I had taken in, repacked and went straight back to the hotel front desk and asked for my money back and stated we were leaving. Mr Bizati did accommodate my desire to leave without an argument and canceled my reservation. Worst hotel I have ever encountered. I have never left a hotel before or backed out of a reservation either. Should be shut down. It's a shame, because with a complete overhaul, this place would actually be nice.

Room Tip: Avoid this place at all costs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to EconoLodge & Conference Center? Share your experiences!