“Great price large menu selection” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Estero, Florida
“Great price large menu selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

This diner is located directly next to the Sleep Inn. All meals include soup and salad bar which on our day had three soups and a variety of salad fixins and pasta salads.

There is a senior list of meals which are priced at $9.99 and include the salad bar and desert. There are about a dozen selections but avoid the steak. It was not the best. There are better and higher priced steaks on the menu which could be better then the steak served with the senior meal. Overall this is an excellent dinner and we would go back.

Visited July 2013

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Above average diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped here for a late breakfast/early lunch on a Sunday. I was concerned that we would have difficulty getting a table because diners usually fill up after church services.

I was pleased to find that we were seated immediately. The restaurant was loud and bustling, but that is to be expected in a diner.

My girlfriend wanted breakfast, so she ordered an Athenian omelet (spinach, tomatoes and feta), which was nicely presented with an English muffin and home fries. She enjoyed it but couldn't finish it all.

I was hungry for lunch, so I had the meatloaf Parmesan special, which was very reasonably priced at $12.50. It included the soup and salad bar, which was clean and well maintained. There isn't much variety on the salad bar, although there's an impressive selection of dressings. There were three soups available, all of which had starch in them (corn chowder, chicken noodle and beef with pasta shells). Unable to eat starch due to dietary restrictions, I had a bowl of chicken broth by avoiding the noodles as I served myself. The meatloaf Parmesan consisted of two generous slices of meatloaf broiled with red sauce and mozzarella cheese. It was very good, and the side of broccoli that I ordered was perfectly steamed without being overcooked.

Service was very good considering how busy the restaurant was. Our waitress visited us fairly regularly to refill our drinks and make sure our food was good.

Most of the diners in the Allentown area have gone downhill, despite the fact that they have more fake chrome than ever. The Starlite seems to be an exception, though.

I would eat here again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Westport CT
“Great on-the-road place to stop for a bite.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pulled off the road on our way home from a trip to get gas and some food. Didn't see much in the area but decided to try the diner. I am not a diner fad so entered with trepidation, expecting the usual boring barely edible fare. Pleasantly surprised. We skipped the buffet and ordered from the menu. I had a club sandwich that was made with very fresh ingredients. It was a lunch special and came with soup - I ordered the chicken pasta soup -- good, though the pasta was way overcooked and sort of squished in your mouth, but overall OK. Service was gracious; portions large so my husband and I both had doggie bags to take with us. Certainly worth a drop-in if you are in the area.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newberry, South Carolina
“Cool Place, Mediocre Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We pulled in to diner right off PA22 and our first reaction was it was a neat looking place. Decor was over the top glass and chrome and the desert case at the entrance tempted us to indulge. My Chicken Parmesan was ok but my companion's Monte Cristo was soggy. Next time we will skip the chrome and head to Denny's instead

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bayville, New Jersey
“Good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great food and very large portions. Great value! Right across the street from The Holiday Inn. If you are looking for a place to eat with good food and reasonable prices, definitely check out the diner.

Visited June 2013