“Pretentious, didn't really deliver” 3 of 5 stars

Grille 3501
3501 Broadway, Allentown, PA 18104-5930
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grille 3501 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 356 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Doing business, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Grille 3501 literally stands alone with its "sophisticated yet unpretentious" atmosphere and menu. Our unique blend of Asian, French and Mediterranean cuisine, combined with our warm hospitality and attentive service will make your every visit to Grille 3501 an event to remember. The Loft at 3501, a new addition to the Valley's favorite restaurant, provides guests with a unique dining experience in the West End by offering patio and open-air dining along with the same great award-winning menu favorites. Owners John Trapani and Chef John "J.P." Pukanecz invite you to join them for your next truly remarkable meal or private party.
“Pretentious, didn't really deliver”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We went at the recommendation of friends, and obviously a lot of people like this place. We were underwhelmed. The service was slow and required flagging down the waitress several times. My husband had the Angus burger, which he wanted medium rare, except that they insist on cooking it "at least medium." Not a good thing for burgers. It was pretty bad. I had the short ribs - this was a delicious preparation on a bed of delicious potatoes, however, surrounded by a very sour sauce that I struggled unsuccessfully to push aside. When you have a good dish, why not leave it to be its excellent self? The bread service (you have to request it, apparently, it does not automatically come with the meal) came with a lovely olive oil preparation. I can see this place has the potential to deliver a good meal, but judging by the comments of others it seems they don't put it all together on a consistent basis.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Montgomery, Pennsylvania
“Foodie Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Have been to this restaurant for lunch on 4 other occasions and always enjoyed the meal. This time we celebrated our friend's retirement and had dinner. Great meal! Had the Andouille with Bean Soup, which was delicious, and the fork-tender veal medallions served with a wine reduction, herb gnocchi and asparagus ($27)...beautiful presentation. Soup of the day was an Andouille with Bean, which was excellent, as well. The meal had ample proportions for the price and I had no room for dessert. As an FYI, all courses are a la carte. The wine list is very good, too.

Compliments to the chef!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Perhaps the best food in Allentown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Food is always good, if a little pretentious. The ambiance is not what I expect from a restaurant serving this quality of food

Visited June 2013
Iselin, New Jersey, United States
“Have heard great things about grill 3501”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have never been here but my daughter and son in law who live in the Lehigh valley always go here for special occasions. My daughter always tells me I would love it here since I love fine dining restaurants .she has told me the tuna is great here and she always raves about the martinis,a great martini is hard to find and she says the dirty martinis with blue cheese stuffed olives r great.

Visited April 2013
“Nothing Extraordinary. Way overpriced. Not worth it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My husband and I had dinner at 3501 for the first and final time on 05/13/2013. Service was excellent. My husband loved his rack of lamb. My prime rib was well cooked and the accompanied sides were delicious and cooked to perfection but the sauce it was drowning in was way too sweet and distracting. The "soup of the day" was supossedly mushroom but tasted l like luke warm skim milk with a few out of place carrots floating in it and tasteless. The only salad on the menu for nut allergy sufferers is the "Ceasar" which would have been good had the chef any knowledge of what ceasar dressing chould taste like. It was totally overdressed with what simply tasted like mayonaise. Salad extremely disappointing, soggy and flavorless with the exception of a delicious "parmesean crisp" which was the only thing on it with flavor. The manager was very nice and took it off our bill. I have no desire to return however and would not recommend this place to anyone really, especially for the price. I would much sooner recommend MOLINARI'S or KOME

• Visited May 2013