“Nice neighborhood restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 344 Restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Chowder, Seafood, Oyster Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Youell's Oyster House, one of the oldest continuously operating restaurants in America, was destroyed by fire January 22, 2013.Visit our beautiful new restaurant. Now open Sundays. Fresh Seafood, Raw Bar, Varietal Oysters, Seafood Towers, Gastropub Fare. Full compliment of Craft Brews on draft. Generous wine, scotch, cognac and cocktail selection for the most discriminating imbiber Upscale, casual atmosphere for any and all occasions, including business and family gatherings, as well as private parties on our mezzanine level.
Allentown, PA
“Nice neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Is this the best seafood I've ever had? No, but I enjoy coming here. I enjoy sitting at the bar, and I was able to find that requests can be made regarding the preparation of the fried oysters, for example. One can ask for less breading. I had an appetizer that was out of this world, sautéed crab on toast.

The wait-staff is always friendly. I will be back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bethlehem, PA
“Ok seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place was recommended by friends. I expected more than we got. Seafood was just ok. Everything seemed a bit over-done. Building was not set up quite as we expected.(basically in an old house) To each his own, but we'll go elsewhere for seafood.

Visited June 2012
The Poconos, Pennsylvania
“Fresh Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

This restaurant is situated in a residential neighborhood street. The seafood is always fresh, and the service is good.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Lovely, fun neighborhood seafood restaurant !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

It's a real treat to visit Youell's. It's situated on a lovely, shady and quiet neighborhood street. You can smell the browned butter as soon as you open the door. The cocktail servers and staff are so nice and professional. The crab bisque is amazing !! For those of you who don't know, Mondays through Thursdays, when you sit at the bar between 5:00 - 7:00 p.m., you have a choice of complimentary oysters, clams or mussels.

I am an artist who loves to paint sea creatures. Youell's welcomed my paintings and held a fantastic reception for me. I am so lucky to have several paintings on exhibition in Youell's Oyster House. My mouth is now watering .... time for a chilled Martini and plate of Oysters !!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is my husband's favorite restuarant and all the seafood dishes we have had have been excellent