“Seafood Abounds” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 369 restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Chowder
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Youell's Oyster House, one of the oldest conintinuously operating restaurants in America, was destroyed by fire January 22, 2013.Visit our beautiful new restaurant. Now open Sundays. Fresh Seafood, Raw Bar, Gastropub Fare, Favorite and Craft Brews, Full Bar with generous wine selection. Upscale, casual atmosphere for any and all occasions, including business and family gatherings, as well as private parties in our mezzanine.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Seafood Abounds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is a great place to come for good seafood when land-locked in Allentown. Fresh and delicious, simply prepared and good solid side dishes. Cocktails were awesome. Decent selection of wines.

71% Recommend
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Best Tuna in years”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Although there food is usually always very good, I must say this most recent visit was particularly rewarding as they had fresh line caught tuna on the menu and it truly was!

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
macungie pa
“the worst dinner we ever expierenced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We went to this restaurant to celebrate our 52nd anniversary, what a complete disappointment. The food was served cold,and the quality was very below par. What they called Filet Mignon was nothing more that a dried out small piece of meat. The seafood comination #2 was a selection of miniture pieces of shrimp, scallops and the worst lobster tail. Needless to say never again.

• Visited November 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Hellertown, PA
“I will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Visited this restaurant for the first time. It is a quaint little restaurant in a residential neighborhood. I had the crab bisque as an appetizer. Very good and creamy. Would have loved seconds. I was going to go with a crab dish for my dinner but changed my mind at the last second and ordered the salmon with lump crab meat on top. The salmon was good, probably average, and so were the sides it came with (roasted sweet potatoes with a green bean hash). My friends ordered lobster dishes and raved about how good they were. I would go back, however, I would most likely try something else. Skipped dessert - too full.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food ok atomosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

For a seafood place in allentown pa, I was quite surprised. My daughter had the crab bisque which was great. Husband had the steak and cake special, steak was very good, and a very good portion of crab I had the tuna, which in, my view was a bit over seasoned but cooked perfectly. Good wine list and good beer. Service was informative yet not over powering, never had an empty glass, yeah! Only negative items, rolls where over cooked on the bottom,almost as if they warm up yesterday's rolls. The atomosphere, in my view could use an update, but to honest I'd rather have good food over good atmosphere any day! We will be back

• Visited August 2011