“Very nice room!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites - W Tilghman Street

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites - W Tilghman Street to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - W Tilghman Street
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5630 W Tilghman Street, Allentown, PA 18104-9385 (Formerly Best Western)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Allentown
Morristown, Tennessee
“Very nice room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This place was great! The bed was very comfortable, the room was clean and spacious with excellent décor. The service was excellent and they had an above average breakfast spread. I will stay here again the next time I pass through Allentown.

Room Tip: A room on the left side facing the neighborhood are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Legnano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

awe stayed here two nights. The rooms are very large and nicely appointed. The bed is comfortable and the internet access is very good. It was a good location from which explore Leigh County as it is at the intersection of 479, 22 and 75. It was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was the standard for Holiday Inn Express. The staff was very nice and friendly. I accidentally left some clothing in my room when we left, and they called within an hour of our departure and told us. We were able to go back and pick it up. Although close to some many busy roads there was no noise in the rooms. Several people were using the pool and it looked like they were having a good time. Recommend.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night. It was so easy to get to from the highway. The front desk staff were very courteous and the complimentary chocolate chip cookies were an added treat. Being members in the Holiday Inn Rewards Program we received a complimentary upgrade which was great. Also they had a sign that welcomed all Rewards members by their first name which I thought was a nice touch. I used the gym which was well kept. The room itself was spotless as was the dining room. The person handling the breakfast, which was excellent, kept the area stocked. Overall this Holiday Inn Express was excellent and I would highly recommend it.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I initially made the reservation when the hotel was under the name of 'Best Western.' I called to clarify the cancellation policy and learned at that time that the the hotel was now owned by 'Holiday Inn Express.' Well, the new management did not honor my cancellation request which was made the night before my reservation stay under the new hotel cancellation policies. I still have not received credit. My customer satisfaction experience with this hotel management team is one of the worst I have experienced. I travel a lot and value customer service. I can assure you, I will not be making any hotel reservations at a Holiday Inn. It is unfortunate because they were turning around their brand in the industry.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - W Tilghman Street, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear KG10065,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Allentown West, PA. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Swansboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked this hotel for a weekend stay for family and friends coming in from out of town for family baby shower. While the gym area and the pool areas are small - they are ok. Would have been nice if there was a treadmill and a hot tub. Rooms are clean and breakfast was average. Breakfast room is small and tables are tight when the room is full. Guests have to squeeze between tables/chairs to get in and out. Overall stay was nice

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Kyle B, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - W Tilghman Street, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear K M,

We are deeply satisfied that your Overall Stay with us was a pleasant one. Our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Allentown West has much gratitude for you being with us. Reviews like your enable us to look into manner such as the Breakfast Seating arrangements. We are in close contact with our Maintenance department in regards to a different seating layout. Although it was a discrepancy to your stay we sure do hope to see you again. \

Thank again K M !
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2015

We have driven out of our way countless times to stay at this hotel. Although formerly part of the Best Western chain, they have succeeded in retaining the efficient, courteous, and helpful staff under their new Holiday Inn banner. It was evident from the time Kyle B. greeted us while ‘checking in’. Equally impressive was the consideration to accommodate those of us travelling during inclement winter weather. Last year we used this hotel for a small family reunion...and everyone was impressed.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Gale S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - W Tilghman Street, responded to this review, March 6, 2015

It was an absolute delight having you stay with us and we deeply thank you for your kind and truthful words about our Holiday Inn Express and Suites. It is reviews like yours where we find a sincere amount of pride in our line of work and encourage greatness in all aspects of operation. Thank you again dear friend. We hope to see you soon !!!!!
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015

First time in this hotel. Stayed her after Neil Diamond concert at PPL Center in Allentown. I mentioned that it was my wife's 60th Birthday when I booked, but did not think anything else about it. When I checked us in after the Concert and my wife waited in the car, everything was ready and an easy check in process. Once done, I went out to car to help with my wife's overnight bag, and when we both came back in the night clerks immediately sang Happy Birthday to her. She thought I had put them up to it, but I hadn't. I did take the credit for it though as it just addd to the night I was sharing with my wife (everything was a surprise to her, the concert, the hotel, etc.
The room itself was large, warm clean, and quiet, even though there was a high school wrestling team staying in the hotel as well. Check out in the morning was another gray experience as all the employees at the dest were fantastic and pleasant.
We also enjoyed a fantastic breakfast there. There was a juice machine with Orange and Apple Juice. Numerous types of Coffee were available as well as hot chocolate (I am not a coffee drinker). There was fresh fruit, a great selection of yogurt, cereals, breads, rolls and bagels. There was read scrambled eggs, sausage patties (turkey patties also) and an amazing hot cake machine I had never seen before. Push a button and woa-la about a minute later a fresh hotcake rolled out of the machine. Amazing. Fresh Bananas were also available. When the service was over, the attendant made sure that if anyone wanted anything before she closed things down, that everyone had what they needed. Fantastic service.
Would we stay here again -- absolutely.

Room Tip: We were in Room 109, main floor down the hall. Two queen beds, A/C - heater in the room. Flat scre...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Gale S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites - W Tilghman Street, responded to this review, March 2, 2015
Thank you very much for your review on our Holiday Inn Express and Suites Allentown West. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and how our staff was able to make your special night that much better. We truly thank you for your time and hope to see you sometime soon!

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites - W Tilghman Street? Share your experiences!