Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Allentown Inn & Suites by Dorney Park to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Allentown Inn & Suites by Dorney Park
Ranked #9 of 26 hotels in Allentown
Athens, Ohio
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Definitely was a little off of the beaten path but hotel seemed nice and was right across the street from Chris' Family Restaurant which was very good. We stayed here on our way to Brooklyn, nice stopover point.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Allentown Inn & Suites by Dorney Park, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay and positive review of our property. We strive to ensure everyone of our guests is accommodated in the correct fashion and your words reflect that. We hope to see you again very soon!

Andrew Frank

264 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Not a very good location. Further away from Rt78 than other hotels, and further away from a choice of places to eat. Had a room facing the main road and listened to traffic all night long.
Loveseat in the room was like sitting on a cinder block. Breakfast was ok as was the coffee but overall not thrilled with the nights stay.

Room Tip: Don't get one facing the main road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay and review of our property. We appreciate your business and hope that your next stay will be improved upon. If you have any concerns please contact me at 610-530-5545.

Andrew Frank
Bolton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent five nights at this hotel. Four nights we reserved online, but since the purpose was to conduct personal business after a death in the family, at the last minute we decided to arrive early by a night and take our chances on getting a room.

The advance check-in was no problem and we were able to use a coupon to obtain a room at discount. We were pleased with this, and our room was completely satisfactory despite having been assigned a different category of room from our reservation for the next four nights.

Since we were returning for four nights in a different room, at check-out for the first night, we asked to have our luggage held. The person at the desk was nonplussed and had to consult management to determine if that were possible. This is standard procedure and it should have been automatic.

Upon checking into our second room, which we had for the duration of our stay, I discovered that I had neglected to pack my night clothes when vacating the first room. I immediately inquired at the front desk and was told that they didn't have my items and to try again in the morning. I did so, but was again dismissed. I feel the hotel should have either contacted the housekeeping person responsible for cleaning my first room or let me check for myself. My reaction was extreme disappointment. Perhaps to them, "nightclothes" is immaterial. However, on this trip I decided to chance packing my favorite sleeping outfit. And, what if it had been expensive earrings or a watch - what would the hotel have offered in that case?

Aside from being unhappy with the hotel's attitude regarding customer satisfaction, I will say that the category of room we reserved for our four nights worked very well. There was a king bed with a separate living space, divided by a shoulder-high wall. The separate area, with couch, coffee table, and desk was perfect for isolating our "family business" space from our sleeping space.

I would also mention that we had need of the hotel's business center and it worked well for us.

Overall, we were satisfied with the hotel, but dissatisfied with the hotel's attitude and treatment of our specific problems.

One other off-the-wall comment: the parking lot seemed to be a bit of a hang out place, and I don't think I'd be entirely comfortable with that as a single female traveler.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Andrew F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Allentown Inn & Suites by Dorney Park, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at our our property here in Allentown. Your feedback helps us greatly in ensuring the way we treat our guests. I'm glad you enjoyed most of our services and apologize for any instance in which you did not. We hope to see you again in the future.

Best Western Allentown Inn & Suites
Scranton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Excellent hotel for the price. Rooms very large and very clean. Staff members were friendly and very accommodating. Breakfast was good, something for everyone. The only thing that was a surprise was the pool only being 4 feet deep and smaller than expected. Overall excellent and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Andrew F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Allentown Inn & Suites by Dorney Park, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for your recent stay and kind feedback regarding our property. We strive to provide the best accommodations possible for every guest and your words reflect that. We hope to see you again in the near future!

massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I used our bonus points to stay here. We were told by Best Western that the certificate would be emailed to the motel. When we arrived the attendant asked for it and was annoyed that we didn't have it. Apparently he found it because we were all set. We have used other loyalty programs to book rooms with wonderful success. We have stayed at Best Western properties a couple dozen times before earning a free room. We were only offered a room with 2 queen beds even though all our stays have been kings. We were given a room on the 1st floor closest to the highway. It seemed like a lousy way to reward your best customers. The room had apparently been cleaned with an agent that had a very strong fragrance and we needed to leave the window open and choose between an allergic reaction to the fragrance or the extremely loud traffic noise. On the positive side, the room was very clean, although the bedspread on one bed was very wrinkled which made me think it had been used and not laundered in between guests. The common areas appeared clean and well maintained. Finally, we packed up the car at 6:45 Am to get an early start for our 6.5 hour ride home only to find that the person who prepares breakfast had left and not told anyone. We asked the front desk attendant who was wearing her coat and chatting with her friend and seemed to mind being interrupted about breakfast and she said they weren't serving until 7. At 7:10 we inquired with day shift clerk if breakfast was going to be served. They couldn't find the breakfast attendant, but did manage to get breakfast going by 7:30. Unfortunately, housekeeping forgot to put caffeinated coffee in the room and the breakfast room and lobby were out as well. Needless to say it wasn't a very rewarding bonus stay. The motel was very convenient to RT 78. We enjoyed our meal at the Red Robin on the same road.

Room Tip: Book a room on the opposite side of the highway. This Motel is in a commercial urban area.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew F, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Allentown Inn & Suites by Dorney Park, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay and feedback. Your thoughts are important to us as we strive to ensure each one of our guests thoroughly enjoys their stay at our property. We hope to see you again very soon!

best Western PLUS Allentown Inn & Suites
Oak Ridge, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had to call this hotel 3 times before I got accurate directions. It was night and I was tired. When I arrived, the turn around in front of the hotel is only wide enough for 1 car at a time, so if you're loading/unloading, you're holding up traffic. I'm handicapped and designated parking is a good 60' from the door. While I was unloading, there was a group of 6 men all smoking at the same time right in front of the door. I bet I smoked half a cigarette from their smoke! Between the handicap parking and the door is a concrete and landscape obstacle course. The desk clerk was uninterested after I had signed the paperwork. I had to go get a cart for my luggage and haul it about 50 yds down a corridor and then return it to the front and go park my van. I asked for the ice machine. The only one was up one floor and down the length of the building. The room looked very nice, then I noticed that both beds were bowed in the middle. I hoped they felt better than they looked. They didn't. The bathroom also looked great. Large and modern. But the vanity is a marble top table that's higher than a kitchen counter top! If you're under 5'6", you'll need a stool to brush your teeth! To add insult to injury, they put a full length mirror on the wall exactly opposite the toilet which faces the bathroom door. I don't like to close the bathroom door when I'm alone in a hotel room. (Guess I shouldn't have watched "Psycho"). This place was designed by the Marquis de Sade!

Room Tip: If you're handicapped, you need to request a room close to the lobby and bring your own ice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your recent stay with our property and feedback. I'd personally like to apologize if you were inconvenienced at all during your stay and If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly at 610-530-5545. Thank you.

Best Western PLUS Allentown Inn & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Allentown Inn & Suites by Dorney Park? Share your experiences!