“Where is the maintenance man?” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #252 of 382 Restaurants in Allentown
Northampton, Pennsylvania
“Where is the maintenance man?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Got there around noon and the place was empty. Walked into Rascal's and the building had very little lighting. The first thing the kids went to was the Ball-O-City. This attraction is $6 for an all day admission. There website states this is an indoor play place filled with thousands of colorful and pliable soft foam balls. I saw no more than 25 balls in the entire play place. My children got bored so we moved onto the Route 66 Mini Bowling. My kids are not the best bowlers so having the bumpers up make for a better game for the kids. They are all broken, they were broken last time I was there over a year ago. The left two lanes were broken and not even open. We played on the right two lanes and one of them jammed up. I walked over to the ticket redemption and someone came over and reset the machine. It jammed up the very next frame. This place could be great if someone put any effort into maintenance on all the attractions.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Macungie, Pennsylvania, United States
“Very Good, A Chuckee Cheese for an Older Crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

First of all they have good quality pizza and great appetizers. I am a pizza snob and while I might not go just for the pizza it is far better than what I recall from Chuckee Cheese. They have a good variety of games ranging from skee ball to Deal or No Deal. There is air hockey, a climbing wall and even lazer tag. We went on a GRoupon that gave us 2 pizzas, soft drinks and 6 $15 game cards for $59. Add in two appetizers and a $20 tip and the night cost me $95, with $90 in game play. Not bad for a family of 6. The kids and grandkids love it. One complaint is some of the games were not giving out tickets but we don't really go for the prizes. There are few places my kids 33 and 28 and grandkids 14 and 9 all agree on and are all happy at. Good for the food and stay for the fun.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Macungie, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Looking for something to do with my 7 year son, and decided to visit Rascal’s. It had been a couple of years since last visited, and last time was fun. Arrived at 7:30pm, and was surprised the parking lot was fairly empty for a Friday night. Went inside and the place was dead. Bought a game card, and the girl at the counter was very friendly, and helpful. Went to first game, an air hockey table, and it didn’t work very well. Had to wait 3-4 minutes for the “air” to start. There was a person there to help, and she shared this was a known issue. The next was a ride on bumper air tubes. Again, did not work well. There wasn’t enough air, and the tubes didn’t move as desired. As my son and I walked around, noticed that many games and rides were broken. The two small bowling lanes were shut down, and many of the multi-person driving games had only one game working. Overall, very disappointed in the state of the games. After a while, decided to get food. The snack bar looked shut-down, but was open. A single piece of dried-out pizza remained, no hot dogs, and overall did not look appetizing. Decided to go into the restaurant. Again, the server was very friendly and helpful. Ordered a couple of burgers and fries. The food was ok, not the worst I have had, and clearly not the best. Left that night disappointed the place is not doing better. Great concept, somewhat reasonable prices, just seems to be poorly managed. The service is good and pleasant, so not sure what is the issue. I did find it interesting that I am only the second person to review. Not a good sign, and my experience only makes a bad situation worse.

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lansford, Pennsylvania
“Family Fun Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Rascal's is an indoor arcade of fun, fun, and more fun. Of course they have delicious food also. They have rock climbing, indoor bowling, bumper cars, and my favorite was laser tag. They have food for everyone and the portions aren't skimpy. They also have evening entertainment. Would say this is a great place for birthday parties,etc.

• Visited February 2013