“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THE SUPER 8” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Allentown
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1033 Airport Road, Allentown, PA 18109   |
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Allentown
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AT THE SUPER 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been at the Super 8 Allentown at Airport Foad many times. My most recent
visit was in June 2013. My great customer service began with Victor, the manager at the
front desk. He was courteous and immediately processed my room reservation..
When I had entered the room, it was clean and comfortable. The Air conditioning
and all facilities worked well. The Super Start Breakfast each morning was great and the
dining area is clean and comfortable. I would recommend this Super 8 Motel to my family,
friends, relatives, and the general public. This Super 8 Motel is reasonably priced.
The staff was friendly and performed their jobs well. I had an excellent customer experience.

David Stephen Schwartz

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
victorsuper8, Manager at Super 8 Allentown, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! We are greatly pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the Super 8 Motel - Allentown, PA. As you were able to experience, our hotel has been recently upgraded to brand new SERTA plush mattresses, new carpeting and furniture, and a whole new interior look for a more modern and updated look.

Management
Super 8 Motel - Allentown, PA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
State College, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Terrible! Entire hotel smelled of smoke. Room was dirty - burn holes in blankets in a non smoking room, bathroom did not look clean at all. Desk clerk was behind bulletproof glass and rather rude. People checking in and then out a couple of hours later. Curtains not able to fully close on first floor. Air conditioner looked ready to fall apart. No alarm clock at all. Room very dark. Mattresses covered in plastic(suspect this is because of the guests staying by the hour). Not a good area of town. Credit card charged when checked in rather than when leaving like normal hotels. Flat out didn't seem safe.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel entirely if possible, if not get a room in the upper floors, at least no one can br...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
victorsuper8, Manager at Super 8 Allentown, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Customer,
I apologize that your Stay at the Super 8 was less than satisfying. Our goal is to make the customer happy at all times. Your issues and concerns will be immediately addressed. Once again please accept our sincere apology.
Victor
Front Office Manager
athens
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I only reserved this hotel based on reputation because most Super 8 are pretty decent. But this place was the worst of the worst. Terrible smell in the hallway when we first walked in. The walls in our room were filthy as we're the carpets. There were cigarette burns in the sheets of our non smoking room. Believe when I say I'm not overly picky. We just stayed here because of our visit to Dorney and we were looking for something affordable but nice. So avoid this place at all cost.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Customer,
Victor
Front Office Manager
Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stay there for 3 nights.
Normaly, I don't consider myself a hight standard person for night stays, I just need a bed and a shower. Yes, the breakfast was minimal, the floor was dirty with towel left there, the rug in the room was humid and there was no air dryer. But I could said to myself that the room was cheap so we had what we paid for ... but then the worst happened. I was bitten a lot during the night and the last night we saw a bed bug in the sheets of the bed. Now, because I don't want an infestation at my home, I have to treat all my clothes and bags ... I cross my fingers that I did not bring any bugs eggs with me or if so, that the treatment will all kill them.

To add to this, our magnetic card for the room did not work, so we went to the front desk to have it reactivated, but it still did not worked. The man at the desk was so rude, he just reactivated the card but they still did not worked. The 3th time he throw the cards at me on the check-in desk and said to us "it is the only thing I can do". I was scared at his, he was so rude, but we needed to enter our room (the 3th reactivation still did not worked) so we went back at his and he came to our room with us and try the card (like he did not believe us that the card was not working !!!) and it still did not worked, so he came back with something else to open our room and just tell us that the power of our magnetic door was down and that it has to be repare the day after ... he was mad at us like it was our fault !!! ... hopefully we were leaving !!! I really don't get why that kind of person still work with the public or the public service ??

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Allentown? Share your experiences!