“secretive, unresponsive upper management” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #221 of 376 Restaurants in Allentown
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“secretive, unresponsive upper management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Got a salad & an extremely disgusting surprise mixed in with the greens. Salad was sealed, prior to it being delivered to the store location. I'm sure the addition occurred at the facility that the salads are packaged; not the store where I purchased it. This creature was not something you might expect on fresh garden produce. Store employees were shown immediately. They gave me (and a friend who was with me) a refund and extra coupons and a customer relations number to contact.
I've called 4 times in the last 3 weeks, speaking to 3 different "supervisors" I can't seem to get above a 2-level supervisor. I've been told that 2-level-supervisors are not given such information that I ask for.
Here's a list of my questions:
Where are their food items packaged? I've been told that it is a secret place & 2 level supervisors aren't given that information.
Okay, why is it a secret? They don't know that either.
What other food items are packaged at this "secret" place? Again, they don't know. But they are sure their coffee doesn't come out of that facility.
What corrective action have they taken? I've been told that they are in the process of taking care of it, but when I asked what they are doing, 2-level supervisors don't know.
I asked for a 3-level supervisor or someone who could answer my questions. No one there and no contact number available. I asked for a return call asap from someone who could answer my questions. 24 hours later, I'm still waiting. This incident occurred May 15!
I expect better than this from Starbucks!. In my community, if this occurred in any other restaurant, you could contact the Board of Health. I can't even find out what city to contact about this problem. Why is Starbucks above these laws? Why is everything such a secret?

Visited May 2014