“Great place (but not when pregnant)” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 12 Attractions in Allentown
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Water Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: Two-hundred acres of more than 100 rides, games, restaurants and Wildwater Kingdom, a mega-collection of water attractions.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
“Great place (but not when pregnant)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Not enough seating with shade. Family loves coming here but we won't be going this year due to pregnancy. Ticket prices are a little high and food prices are over inflated.

Visited July 2013

Nazareth, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
“Great park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We visited Dorney Park for the first time for my son's 7th birthday. We were 4 adults (2 seniors) and 3 kids--7, 5, 2. It was Sat of Memorial Day weekend, so we were expecting long lines as it was the first weekend the water park was open, so we arrived early. No problem parking since we arrived early, and we packed our own lunch because the website said there were picnic tables. We split up with my husband and me taking the two older boys on a ride and my parents took our 2 y.o. to Planet Snoopy. We waited for about 20 minutes for our ride b/c they were sending cars up only half-full, which was annoying, but the ride was fun. Then we went to meet my parents in Planet Snoopy, which was not crowded and all the kids were really happy to spend time in there. Most of the rides were appropriate for the 2 y.o., but scary enough to interest the 7 and 5 y.o.s After spending a couple of hours in there, we got stamps to leave the park and go have lunch (left the cooler in the car). Then the big boys changed into bathing suits and went over to the water park with my husband and father and my mother and I went off to ride Steel Force. There was no line at all! We were really surprised...we had to walk all the way across the park and it seemed like lines were moving quickly. We liked that roller coaster a lot, and then went over to the water park to meet the kids. They had a blast.

The whole park was well-staffed, clean, and there were tons of life guards. The cost was $240 for our group, but it would have been cheaper if we had bought tickets online. Also, if you plan to go twice, then a season pass is the best deal.

Obviously, in the heat of July, I'm sure the water park is much busier (it was, after all, May and not too hot that day!), but it was not busy at all the day we went and there were plenty of chairs available to sit and lots for children (and adults) of all ages to enjoy.

Visited May 2014
Staten Island, New York
“Good water rides and hot rides for one price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

One of my favorite places I love to go with my family. I go every year and certain years I purchase a yearly pass. Food is good, rides are fun, and location is open till late nights on most nights in the summer. Tickets are reasonable, all for one price!

Visited July 2013
Mays Landing NJ
3 attraction reviews
“Best value in a family amusement park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Dorney Park has been a favorite destination of ours, especially the kids, for years now. It is very reasonably priced, compared to Hershey Park, Disney attractions, etc. and includes an elaborate water park. The rides and water park have something for all ages from toddlers to adults. For locals, there is a seasonal pass that costs about the same as 3 visits.

Visited September 2013
“Horrible Park”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Compared to other amusement parks in eastern PA, this one is horrible by comparison. Too many gangbangers for sure. LARGER PEOPLE (not morbidly obese) CANNOT GO ON MOST OF THE RIDES - BEWARE!!! And good luck trying to get your money back! Funny thing - larger sized people CAN go on all rides at Knobles and Hershey.

Kelly D, Administrative Assistant at Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Thank you for visiting Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom and for taking the time to write and tell us about your experience. I am sorry you did not fully enjoy your day.

Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom is first committed to the safety and well-being of our guests. To best ensure each guest has a safe and enjoyable experience it is required that all visitors adhere to the published Ride Admission and Guest Code of Conduct Policies that outline several rules, regulations, and ride restrictions. These policies are published and can be found on our website under the Plan a Visit tab- Guest Assistance Guide. Please know that all ride restrictions are set forth by each rides respective manufacture. Rides that are made with larger seats are: Revolution, the outer seat of each arm; Hydra, rows 4 and 5; Talon rows 4 and 5.

I hope you find this information helpful.