I had 4 different encounters with this place. The first was when they were the McIntosh Inn. It was amazing! cheap, able to check in under 21, and not dirty at all. the people were also extremly courteous. That was in the summer of 07. In winter of 07, it had changed over to the Scottish inn and was not to bad, the only problem was that the lady at the desk was very wierd and called the police on me and my boyfriend because she didn't understand the fact that a charge on a credit card stays pending. after the police called her illiterate we were free to go. In spring of 08 this place still wasn't completly bad. There were alot more families living in it as if it were their home, and bathrooms were kinda gross but i dealt with it because i didn't have any other choice only being 19 and desperate for a place to stay (I'm from jersey so it wasn't a quick trip home). A few weeks later I had to make the trip again to straighten out problems from school and it may have been the worst adult decision of my life. As if the newly posted sign which stated they weren't responsible for any person getting hurt wasn't enough, the toilet wouldn't flush on the first try and the shower wouldn't drain. And then to top it all off THEY HAD BED BUGS! i woke up with bites all over my face arms and back. When we brought this up with management for a room switch, we were vague about the desription of what we thought it could b saying only that we got bit and they knew immediatly what it was! they tryed to transfer us to the scottish inn on Hausmann and the second we opened the door a rat ran by! This was a horrible experience and i advise anyone not to go here! its a week later and im still scratchin and itching like crazy. And the worse part is, they charged full price and didn't want to lower it. Needless to say we called the department of health that day, but i advise to JUST STAY AWAY!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.