“Dining Experience always Four Star” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Roma Ristorante - Allentown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 369 restaurants in Allentown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Airport Road
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Dining Experience always Four Star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Visiting Roma will always deliver high satisfaction as this restaurant is about food quality and presentation. Menu options including chef specials will never disappoint. Prices are average and food quality is excellent. The chef is always circulating the floor and visiting tables asking for feedback on the food quality. On this occasion, when the chef stopped by the table we questioned him about a previous dish the restaurant served only to be told next time we visit we should ask for him and he would attempt to recreate the item for us. Truly a special place that prides itself on being the best.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
New Providence, New Jersey
“Reviews are accurate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a non-chain Italian restaurant that we could visit while on a return trip from State College PA. I went straight to Trip Advisor and started searching for places that were easy to reach from Rt. 80. I wasn't having much luck and so I decided to try expanding my search and focused on the Allentown / Bethlehem area.
Fortunately, I came across the reviews for Roma and we decided to take an alternate route home that would leave us near Rt. 78.
Our experience was good. The location is within a rather large outdoor shopping center that was easy to spot from the highway. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more charm to the exterior but the interior made up for it.
There were three of us for dinner at 7:00 PM and we were asked if we had a reservation. We didn't but we were seated almost right away.
Our server was Crystal and she was over within a few short minutes to welcome us and take our drink order. The restaurant was busy but not at capacity, We had some drinks and then placed our order. Freshly baked bread arrived quickly and Crystal poured EVOO out for us. Our entrees were generously portioned and delicious. The best part was the bill - with drinks and dinner for three, we were under $80. I've spent far more on chain restaurants where the food wasn't nearly as good and the service was lousy.
Bottom line - I recommend Roma for the food, service and value. I only wish it wasn't hemmed in by retailers and a parking lot.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Very Consistent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Reasonably priced. Very tasty. Served hot. Plentiful. Service is fantastic. Nice atmosphere for a strip mall. One of only a few places in the Lehigh Valley that has great Italian food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Exceptional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Our party of four thoroughly enjoyed our dinners at Roma. The choices were extensive, service was absolutely exceptional, and the food was delicious. I had spaghetti with marinara and although the portion was too much for me to eat I had a difficult time stopping because it was so good. My husband had chicken stuffed with crabmeat and thought it one of the best meals he has ever had (and we have been to many fine restaurants). Our server was one of the nicest and most efficient we've experienced. The meal was not inexpensive but still a great value. We will certainly return to Roma next time we're in Bethlehem.

Visited July 2013
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Decent lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My girlfriend and I had lunch here on our way to dropping me off at the airport.

She ordered the Eggplant Romana, which is a modified Eggplant Rollatini that includes spinach and some other things. I had a bite, and it was very good.

I ordered the "Pick Three". I had an Insalata S.P.Q.R., meatballs and sausage. The salad was nice, although there was too much of the sweet balsamic glaze/dressing, overpowering the fresh flavors of the rest of the salad. The meatballs had the uniformity typical of frozen meatballs from a food service supplier, but they were decent. The sausage was tasty, with a nice fennel component to it. The red sauce served with the meatballs and sausage was fine but unremarkable.

Service was a little slow and inattentive, but not terrible.

Still, there aren't many independent restaurants along Airport Road, so I will probably go back here based on that.

• Visited July 2013