“I would look elsewhere” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Allentown
Jersey City, New Jersey
“I would look elsewhere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We booked for two nights and stayed for one. I have mild allergies but had a terrible reaction to the room -- I woke up with red and puffy eyes and completely stuffed sinuses. Worse, the heater blew the filthiest air so I couldn't turn it on at all. "High speed internet" is also certainly a misnomer. "Internet"? Yes, but certainly not high speed. (About .5 Mbps download speed -- that's point 5, not 5.) Finally, there was a leak in the roof so the motel put buckets to catch the dripping -- these buckets happened to be placed near our door so all night we heard dripping and splashing (you wouldn't think it would be very audible in the room but these doors block less sound than paper). I would look elsewhere to ensure a comfortable stay and well-rested night's sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lancaster pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed one night for antique truck show at Mack Trucks customer service center. The customer service cannot be beat. Also the price is very reasonable and our room was GREAT. We did join the rewards club as we frequent the other chains in this group. We have at least two truck shows in the area and have already made reservations for next June. We did have a problem with the TV remote and called the front desk. The gentleman at the desk was at our room right away with a replacement. DO NOT hesitate to stay here. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I've had the pleasure of staying at this property on at least three occasions. I've stayed at others in the area too, but as I recently joined Choice Privileges, in addition to having an AAA card, so it pays to stay at one of their hotels. By joining their program, I get a nice, clean rooms for a reasonable rate -- if not free (depending on the deal -- often, stay two separate stays, get one free). The rooms are standard -- but clean with lots of towels. The breakfast is complimentary -- and typical for a budget hotel. The area is perfectly safe with another hotel right next to this one, Bostons Pizza, a diner and Dunkin Donuts all in the same lot practically. Hotel has a pool and jacuzzi (but you have to walk outside to get to the building where they are -- a few feet away). I have found the staff friendly and accommodating. For example, when I needed some essentials that I had forgotten at home, the girl from the front desk was at my door with them -- and I had barely had time to hang up the phone.

Good choice if you're looking for minimal frills and a clean place to hang your hat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This Sleep Inn was one of the best we have stayed at. Room was very clean, towels soft and white., front desk receptionist very helpful, internet service was good and tv reception was excellent,all in all a very nice room. Plus you can get 10% off your meal when you eat at the nearby Starlite Diner.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor facing the highway. I would suggest a room facing the parking area...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Prestonsburg, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Right off the highway, this hotel offers a nice clean room, a very friendly staff, with restaurants in walking distance. Sleep Inn's have smaller rooms than the other "Choice" hotels, but very comfortable for a night or two stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mashpee, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We tried this Sleep Inn when our usual choice was full. We may not be going back to the other hotel.

The rooms were large and clean, the bedding was crisp & clean and the beds were good.

One of our party is a smoker and they were pleased they had a proper area outdoors for them to sit and have a smoke.

The breakfast area was large and well stocked. The bacon and egg patties left a bit to be desired of. Granted the breakfast was acceptable and good enough considering we were paying less than 80 for the rooms.

Would recommend this location.

The only down side for us was no pool for the daughter.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great experience here at the Sleep Inn. I was on the 1st floor, and heard no noise at all. Just had to keep the curtains closed because of folks walking their dogs right past my window, but that didn't bother me. The location is very convenient, with restaurants right at the other end of the parking lot (Boston Pizza, Dunkin Donuts). I used the outer door next to the Staybridge Suites that was mentioned in another review, and it had the key card machine on it and was locked, so I had no safety issues. The room had a smoke detector and sprinkler.
The amenities were great - mini fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, ironing board, hair dryer. The A/C even had one of those little diverters so all the cool air doesn't blow right up into the curtains. The work desk and chair were very nice, and the internet was fast and free, with the option of wired or wireless. I loved the shower stall which had a safety grip bar on the wall and a door. Personally I prefer that to showering in a tub with a curtain. Nice temperature and water pressure, too.
Check in and check out were quick and easy. I have no complaints at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sleep Inn Allentown? Share your experiences!