“Ok i guess” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Allentown
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
“Ok i guess”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stay here over the summer want a day dorney park. it was ok not to special about the price was little bit to high if you ask me. If the price was a bit lower then i would said it was better but to me it was a below average hotel

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
gmpa140, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, December 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. Our number one goal is to make sure our guests are satisfied when they depart. We are disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with the room price. The Comfort Inn strives itself on being competitive in its pricing in the Lehigh Valley Market depending on the season and special events. We look forward to the opportunity to hosting your next visit to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I was recently stayed here with my family while we were on vacation.( going to Dorney Park) . I did not experience any problems with this hotel. The property was clean and offered a free continental breakfast which was very good. If you need something more substantial to get your morning started there is a Cracker Barrel across the street. This hotel also accepts Room Saver coupons.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
gmpa140, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments from your recent stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future, and we now offer a complimentary hot breakfast for our guests to enjoy.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

Rooms are new, clean & comfortable. Quiet place, a bit out of the way, but very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
gmpa140, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, June 29, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your positive comments about your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011

I brought my 2 dogs and husband with me for a charity walk on Saturday. The room was cheap and clean. The staff were wonderful.
The rooms definitely need upgraded and the bed was uncomfortable.
The hotel had the nicest continental breakfast I'd ever seen, surpassing that of a 4-star hotel I stayed at once.
Great for a quick, overnight stay. No bed bugs.

Room Tip: Make sure to use AAA if you have it!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

I stayed here overnight with my cat since it is pet friendly. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. The only negative thing is the noise the heating/ AC units make but that's not even that bad.

• Stayed March 2011
gmpa140, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Thank you for your positive comments about your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your visit at the Allentown Comfort Inn. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs when visiting the Lehigh Valley.
Clinton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed one night to attend a seminar at a nearby hotel. I usually stay at Comfort Inns/Suites and generally find them to be ok to good. I am giving this hotel 5 stars because it suited my needs, not that it was a 5 star establishment. This is your typical Comfort hotel. It was clean and quiet, lots of parking. It is located right off of the major highway of Route 78, but it was quiet and I could not hear any highway noise. At this exit, there are many hotels to choose from. I paid $80 for my parents and I. Everything was ok to fine. At the breakfast, I did notice the french toast and no waffels. Didn't try the french toast, but thought it was a bit odd to have premade french toast and then you have to warm it up. Also, breakfast was from 6-9am.... I don't think this hotel had a pool, but I didn't need one anyway, so I didn't care. The hotel is starting to show a slight bit of wear, scuffmarks, etc.but that was ok. The only think that surprised me was that the sidewalks surrounding the building were very broken up, probably due to a poor concrete mix when they were originally done. This was not apparent so much in the front of the building, but the sides and the back sidewalks were not good. It was dark when we arrived back at the hotel and we had to be careful where we were walking. This was the only downside to this hotel. I would stay here again if I need to return to the area. There is a Cracker Barrel and Rite Aid across the street and on the other side, there is the Starlight Diner. A great restaurant to try if you are in the area is the Buckeye Tavern, which is less than 10 minutes away. I have eaten here several times and it is always good. I took my fussy senior parents there and they enjoyed it very much. Forgot to mention, the free internet service worked great.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Asheville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Bed bugs woke us up at 2:30am. Killed two and was not able to go back to sleep after that. Writing this review to warn others.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
gmpa140, General Manager at Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Our hotel does not have a problem with bed bugs. We are serviced monthly from Ehrlich Pest Control. I apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have had during your stay with us, but rest assured our hotel does not have bed bugs.

Been to Comfort Inn Lehigh Valley West? Share your experiences!