“Amazing owners and the loveliest home” 5 of 5 stars

728 Main Street, Addison, PA 15411   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Addison B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bend, Oregon
“Amazing owners and the loveliest home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

Incredibly warm and charming hosts. Whatever you need, they could take care of it. And the home, oh my gosh..... absolutely beautiful. They've put so much time and care into making this a wonderful experience for the traveller. I rarely write reviews on b and b's, should be better about it, but always get back to life and don't follow up. I promised myself I would for David and Kathryn though. It was just that special. My husband and I were out that way to visit Falling Water and Kentuck Knob - 2 wonderful Frank Lloyd Wright homes in southern PA, and came across Hartzell House because of Trip Advisor and googling for accomodations in the area. No large cities in that area although not too far from P'town but oh my, if we'd known how absolutely beautiful this area is - the Laurel Highlands - we would have planned more vacation time and must go back. Anyway, part of the magic of this part of our journey was definitely the kindness and beauty of our surroundings within this lovely lovely home. They're talking about a cookbook, and they already have a publisher who has stayed there, interested in publishing it. When they do... get it!!!! They're apple pancakes with ginger syrup and flowers from their garden were quite simply - divine. I felt so special while I was there. The wine or beer at night, the very nice lotions, face creams and hair treatments from Bath and Body Works - they didn't forget or leave out anything. It was like a spa. We stayed in the Teacher's room, Kathryn is an amazing artist. Wait til you see the paint treatment she did to the walls. We got a tour of the place and all of the rooms are perfect. Can't say enough good things about Hartzell House. Just so glad we found them!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Greenville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

Let me tell you folks.....if you are looking for A+ accomodations and service that is unrivaled you MUST stay at the Hartzell House in Addison, PA. Kitty and David are fantastic hosts and the B&B is beautifully decorated. If you have a chance you will have to try David WORLD famous Waffles.......very impressive... My wife and I definetly plan on returning....sooner rather than later.

Austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My husband and I were married in Addison in May 2010 and used the Hartzell House for my in-laws, bridesmaids, the photographer, and the minister. We used the whole house for the weekend and it was just wonderful. Kitty and David (the hosts) are absolutely amazing. They were there for anything that I needed and helped calm me down when I was stressing out (as brides tend to do). Just walking in the house, there is such a peaceful feel. The day of the wedding, I had a bridal luncheon for all the women in the main dining area. Kitty prepared a fabulous feast for us all. While the luncheon was taking place, the bridesmaids and I were getting our hair and makeup done in the sun room which is off of the dining room. The Hartzell house has two sections which provides a cozy but roomy feel. The rooms have such comfortable beds and are decorated in a way that is very feng shui. With all the rooms booked, it was amazingly quiet as if you were the only one there. Breakfast was fantastic with plenty of organic options and fresh fruit galore. It's just the way you want to start your day. Addison is such a quaint town with lots of charm to offer and plenty of things to do in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Innkeeper_Kitty, Owner at Hartzell House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 24, 2010
We so enjoyed having the wedding party here. What a joyous time to share with guests! Thanks, Jana, for allowing us the privilege.
Wheaton, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

What a lovely, beautifully appointed, comfortable hospitable home! The Hartzell B and B, hosted by Dave and Kitty was a respite on our biking vacation along the Great Allegheny Passage from Pittsburgh to Cumberland through the Allegheny Mountains along the Youghiogheny River. Every provision for comfort and joy from watching fireworks sitting in the wicker chairs on the front porch, complex beaujolais with dark chocolate in hand, to washing out biking clothes for us. Can't get much better than this!

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

I recently went to Addison, PA for my friends wedding. She had booked us rooms in this quaint B&B. The service was great. Fresh breakfast every morning with frest fruit and pastries. The rooms were lovely, each on unique. I have never slept so well in a hotel, but here I slept like I was at home. The room that I had shared a bathroom with another room. But I had my own sink in the room. Some of the rooms had a bathroom in them. Would definitely stay here again, if I am in the area. There is a lot of historical places including 3 of Frank Llyod Wright homes, within driving distance. Falling Water being one of them. Thank you again David and Kitty for the wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2010
Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2010

Hartzell House was the perfect place for hosting the bridal party for our daughter's Memorial Day wedding in Addison, PA. This beautiful historical house provided a wonderfully warm and welcoming setting for the bride-to-be and her bridal party to enjoy moments together before the Big Day! The bridal party truly enjoyed the delicious catered luncheon by Hartzell House as well as the special rooms we used to get dressed for the wedding. David and Kitty treated us all like family. Their warmth and kindness in all they did for us is very much appreciated. We highly recommend Hartzell House not only for a quiet and relaxing getaway but for special family events.....like our daughter's wedding!!!

• Stayed May 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

This was our first time at a bed and breakfast and we weren't sure what to expect. Dave and Kitty surpassed all our expectations. The house was beautifully decorated, warm and welcoming. They have put so much thought into details from umbrellas in case it rains, to snacks around the house and everything you would need for personal toiletries. The food was incredible, the best stuffed french toast we have ever had. It is to a gourmet standard with edible flowers and the freshest ingredients. We were so stuffed but completely satisfied. We went for two days, one day was spent studying/working in their beautiful library with classical music playing out of an old school radio. The other day we went out to falling waters and rappelling in laurel caverns. We had such a wonderful time, we don't want to risk going to any other bed and breakfast to be disappointed when comparing it to Hartzell House.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hartzell House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!