“My awesome stay at La Quinta Inn, Ashland Oregon” 5 of 5 stars

La Quinta Inn & Suites Ashland
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   434 Valley View Road, Ashland, OR 97520   |
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
A TripAdvisor Member
“My awesome stay at La Quinta Inn, Ashland Oregon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

The night I stayed in this lovely hotel, I was in the process of moving from California to Oregon.I arrived late after a long and tiresome 7 hour drive to find professional and friendly service, my room was exquisite and was offered assistance with the air conditioner..I awoke the next morning feeling more rested than any of the other hotels I have stayed in... Thank you La Quinta Inn for such a positive experience. Sandy B.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Seaview, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

We have traveled to Calif. from Oregon for many years now and have always stayed at this hotel, because it accepted pets and was clean and well kept up. We booked the room and found out the prices had gone up to $129 vs the $78 we usually paid, but we're told it was the 'season' so booked the room. Sad to say this hotel needs a renovation, the bathroom is 1972 and in desperate need of up grade, mold around edges, shower curtain,moldy, floor old Lino. Beds have new comfort tops, thank goodness but mattress needs to be replaced. All furniture nicked and old, cabinets sticky to touch, tv new, walls have old vinyl wallpaper. All in all needs a upgrade for this tourist town.

Stayed September 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were greeted by a friendly front desk staff who made sure we had everything we needed. It was great to sit in the hot tub after a long drive at 11:00pm. The indoor pool and hot tub are open 24 hours!! Front desk staff were kind enough to bring a roll away bed to our room. The free morning breakfast was awesome!!! Waffles, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruit, cereal, just to name a few of the items. I would definitely stay there again!

Cupertino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Found this place on hipmunk.com where the map feature is really super convenient. Was driving north to Seattle with wife and two grown kids - no pets. Room was fine, beds comfortable, but room had a slight "smell" - I suppose this is like saying a hospital room has a slight smell. No real road noise to be worried about. Efficient, friendly staff. We liked the breakfast to allow us an early start. Gas station is right next door, but gas is cheaper downtown. Only negative was that we stayed on the Saturday night of the closing weekend of the Olympics and wanted to watch the NBC olympics channel (as we had done for 2 weeks at home) but this was not available on their DirectTV - a bummer.

Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Went to Shakespeare festival and stayed for one night. Room was ok. But it was definately overpriced for the basement room we had. I suspect bargains are few and far between in Ashland. This was not really a bargain.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have two yellow labrador retrievers that I travel with, and La Quinta has become my preferred hotel/motel because of their great (and fair) pet policy. La Quinta does not charge extra for pets, and when you get there, they do not do the very common practice of surprising you by saying that they are "Pet-Friendly" but only to pets under 25 lb. The La Quinta in Vancouver WA has a policy like this (no dogs over 50 lb) and to say that you are "pet-friendly" when you don't allow dogs over 25 or 50 lb is just untruthful.

This La Quinta in Ashland is awesome. I was here in mid-May, and I got a room facing the field outside the hotel. Under my room and all on the entire back of the hotel was a stupendous, nice garden of thousands of irises. Brian, the reception person, met me both times, and both times was cheerful and friendly. The room itself was large, the bed was clean and comfortable, and the A/C worked well. This is not a luxury hotel, but it is all I want: a clean, comfortable room, A/C working, reasonable rates, and close to a nice little town. Awesome.

Room Tip: I have always had second floor (which is basically 1/2 floor above ground level) facing the pasture...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Very nice stay.This was my wife and daughers first time to Oregon. We traveled from Sacramento to visit and tour Southern Oregon University.This was our also our first time staying at a La Quinta Hotel.If all are this nice,we will try one again. We had a King Suite facing the south.It had a fridge,stove,micro wave,dishwasher.Very nice for a longer stay.
Staff was very good.
I would have rated it Excellent,however the continental breakfast was my only concern.Waffles,toast,dry cereal,muffins,juice,and coffee are not much of a breakfast.

Room Tip: Top floor on south side was quiet.Guest across from us said north side noisey due to interchange.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ashland? Share your experiences!