“Great Hotel with Perks” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
San Rafael, California
“Great Hotel with Perks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I loved this place. Very clean and very nice and helpful staff. I put a Do Not Disturb sign on my door and so every day, they left a bag of fresh towels and coffee and soaps. The Wifi is super easy to use as is the business center for printing boarding passes. Breakfast is nice to have. Not a lot I wanted to eat there, because I am not a carb girl, but still pretty nice. The room was very spacious and best of all, it came with a kitchenette. I got it on Priceline because I had some flexibility, so got a good price too. I was visiting someone in Talent and it was the prefect location between Talent and Ashland. You need a car to get to Ashland but it's a quick trip. The Coffee Bean around the corner is a drive thru and has good coffee and nice service. All in all, I highly recommend it for a moderately priced hotel. Oh, and I lost my very nice earrings. Thought they were gone forever, but they made a point of looking for me, found them, and mailed them to me. Awesome!

Room Tip: In the back, off the freeway, is very quiet. Didn't get woken up once and I am a light sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
san francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012 via mobile

From the friendly greeting at the front desk through our departure the next morning, this was an excellent experience.
Pluses: convenient freeway-close location, nicely furnished and appointed room, great for pets (had a room close to the pet lawn,) exceptionally service-focused staff, waffle grill at breakfast.
Cons
Dogs were all well-behaved, but some of their owners did not pick up on the pet lawn, a good 10 minute drive to the town center (not an issue for us for an overnight stay.

• Stayed February 2012
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We had to go to southern Oregon for two funerals within two weeks of each other and the La Quinta was so accommodating. The staff was great, my family flew in and stayed here too. We all got together in the breakfast room in the evening so we could be together and play games, the staff didn't have a problem with it.
My kids love the pool being open 24 hours, even when I'm beat its a good way to tire them out for the night.
Breakfast was great and well stocked, the best thing is it was included at no extra charge.
It was nice being able to print a boarding pass in the business center when ever we needed to.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

This isn't a hotel I would choose if I were staying in Ashland for a vacation, but it works as a convenient, affordable place to stay for a single night. Advantages: friendly front office staff, comfortable beds and you can bring your dog. Disadvantages: though there's a free breakfast, there is little to eat for those trying to minimize their carbohydrates. Another disadvantage was probably a fluke during our particular visit--in the middle of my morning shower, there was suddenly no water pressure, just a thin dribble of water. The receptionist later told me there had been a problem when they were switching from one water pump to the other. I presume (hope) this doesn't happen on a regular basis.

The location is right off I-5 (it's quiet though) so it's easy to get to, but it's not within walking distance of downtown Ashland.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

The staff at La Quinta Inn certainly know how to treat their guests. They are hospitable and helpful in all ways, and it's easy to understand once you meet the hotel's manager. This La Quinta is also clean, inexpensively priced, and conveniently located if you're travelling. The indoor pool is excellent, especially in winter. We travel with our dogs and there is plenty of room to run the dogs outside. We've stayed 3 times and will stay there again next week.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Staying "downtown" near the Shakespeare Festival is pretty expensive, so this was a nice alternative. The bed was EXTREMELY, surprisingly comfortable, and I was surprised at the extent of the breakfast (waffles, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit), in a nice little dining room. Once inside the motel, I didn't notice noise from the freeway, or even from the construction going on out front. Yes, the carpet and odd little dishwasher are showing their age, but I found everything perfectly clean and in working order, and the staff was nice.

Another great feature of the location is that if you walk down toward Highway 99/Ashland and take a left on Eagle Mill Road, there's a really nice bike/walking path that will eventually take you all they way to town (about 3 miles) - a great spot for some exercise before and after sitting all day in a car or theatre seat!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ashland? Share your experiences!