We had a wonderful surprise when we arrived at the property. We had a special deal that really was quite special. The hotel is undergoing a lot of renovation (but certainly nothing that bothered guests) and once they are completed it will be quite the location.
The property is on the south end of Ashland on the east side of I5. When we drove in I was worried about traffic noise - there was none. Our room was a suite complete with a King bed with in room sink area (so nice for two people getting ready in the morning), 2 TV's, a separate living area with a desk (and free wifi) and a small sink area with coffee, small refrigerator and microwave. We had a nice small patio but just a few steps more and we were in a well appointed seating area with all new outdoor furniture. The view was lovely. And, not to far away was a huge pool.
We were treated to a bottle of wine and delicious chocolates in the room and warm cookies in the lobby. Breakfast too was included. It was billed as continental but quite elaborate and having warm hard boiled eggs was right up my alley.
As part of our special, we had dinner at Belle Floire Winery about 6 minutes from the property. See a review on that place -- pretty fabulous. And, the check in person gave us a lot of suggestions for our second night out. We selected Larks and low and behold she also gave us a discount coupon for the location (see reviews of Larks).
The property is about 6 minutes from the heart of Ashland. That meant we had to find parking but somehow we lucked out every time. If you want a property that is NOT right in town, this one is a very good choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on a quiet side of town and just 3 miles from downtown Ashland this 14-acre property boasts panoramic mountain views, intimate courtyard patio, a seasonal outdoor pool and jacuzzi, as well as two tennis courts. Experience an uplifting 1970s retro-modern, timeless design, comfortable furnishings and over 100 spacious guest rooms and suites. Our guests enjoy complimentary continental breakfast, wireless Internet and parking. It's a perfect destination for families, business travelers, and anyone coming to explore this part of Oregon. Its location offers easy access to all the treasures and attractions of our region, including pristine mountain lakes, charming Ashland with the renowned Oregon Shakespeare Festival, and a fantastic dining scene. Just a short drive from the numerous golf courses, local wineries, hiking, biking, jet boat trips, rafting, fishing, bird watching and skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotwire and Hotels.com so you can book your Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Suites At Ashland Hills Hotel Ashland
- The Village Hotel Ashland Hills
- Windmill Inn Of Ashland