“Surprised! Worth the Money! ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ashland Hills Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ashland Hills Hotel to your Saves list
Ashland Hills Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2525 Ashland Street, Ashland, OR 97520 (Formerly The Village Suites at Ashland Hills)   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
“Surprised! Worth the Money! ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This place is a bit dated, but don't let it fool you! Really cool place and for the money, you can't beat it! It was a little apartment. The beds were comfortable & the rooms were clean. I did have watery eyes from the air-conditioner filter. Very dog friendly which is a plus for our trip. The location is right off of the highway. I give this place 2 thumbs up over all. One last thing, the cleaning staff was very nice and helpful.

Stayed October 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I agree with the other reviewers that for Ashland, it is extraordinary to get a clean one bedroom suite for under $100.00. It isn't fancy but the rooms have a layout that maximizes privacy for two guests. The refrigerator is sufficiently cold. There is also a microwave.

The cleaning staff is great. I wish I could say the same for the front desk. I think that they have "too much on their plate" due to understaffing.

The business office computers were not working. When I called the front desk that evening to report that I and a few other guests were unable to use the computers, staff sounded frightened. Then they said that they would have to call in a computer expert the next day. Fair enough. They were polite and concerned, which was fine.

Around 10am the next day, the computers were still down. I called the front desk again. They were not aware of this problem and in response, the woman at the desk said it was no big deal and she would get around to it sometime. She was rather irritated. 'Suffice it to say, I was not eager to have contact with the front desk again.

Later that evening, on my way to the business center, I ran into another guest who was circling the halls in search of an the unmarked ice and vending machine room. After fifteen minutes of searching, we were unable to find it, even with the map. I told her that she might have to brace herself for a call to the front desk. She decided to brave it. I wished her luck.

To be fair, I think staff is overextended and/or insufficiently trained. This is a shame because this hotel could be a fine place to stay if it were not for the harried front desk staff.

I know that staff rushes around in the morning delivering breakfast baskets. That is a nice touch and I don't expect much in the baskets given the great price for staying here. The breakfast is a heck of a lot better than the continental breakfasts offered at other hotels charging the same amount for rooms that aren't nearly as nice.

However, courteous and efficient service is something that sets a hotel apart. Maybe the managers should stop asking staff to scurry about on basket duty so that they can calm down and provide the gracious service of which they are capable. I would rather get breakfast elsewhere and have the gift of good and courteous service at my hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor. Take your tablet or lap top with you if you want to get on the internet.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A great stop over, easy to find with first rate staff and rooms. We found our room spacious and very comfortable. I would stay over again at this venue. Easy to find form the freeway. Easy parking and great morning views.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Grants Pass, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The remodel of this hotel gives it a fresh feel and makes it superbly clean. The only critique I can offer is that the artwork is super cheesy-cheap and the breakfast basket did not meet our expectations. It came with a green orange and raw croissants, not particularly edible. Still, we loved the spacious room and quiet nights sleep on a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I rarely write reviews but this is a wonderful hotel everyone should know about. We paid for a hole in the wall and got a beautiful one bedroom suite. The staff were all so genuinely nice and helpful. We were traveling with our four kids and two dogs and the staff went out of their way to make sure we were all comfortable and had everything we needed. The suite had a complete kitchenette, pullout couch and a patio with a beautiful view of the mountains. Our kingsize bed was so nice I asked for info on the bed because now I want one for myself. There was no fee for the dogs or for the six people we had in our room. The rooms were quiet and very relaxing. Breakfast was delivered to our room at no extra charge. The town is adorable and picturesque. I hope more people get the chance to visit Ashland and this amazing hotel. We will be back soon

Stayed October 2014
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the hotel in May for a week visit. Awesome beds, linens were very high quality and beautifully done. Bathrooms included an ironing board which I loved having access to. Ample size and the Suite we stayed in had a nice view. Couch could have been a bit more ample but it was adequate. Kitchenette was nice but very tiny...perfect for making your coffee in the morning which they deliver to your door with fresh fruit, muffins, and the local paper. Very friendly staff and good service. Pet area was very well kept also. My dog loved running around on the large grassy area. It felt like home away from home. We had a very nice time and will definitely come back again next year.

Room Tip: Our room was the last one on the hallway that leads out to the back door and every time someone went...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AshlandRep, Manager at Ashland Hills Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,
We are so happy to hear that your room and stay with us was so great for you and your family. We are glad that you were able to enjoy all the amenities in the rooms and also that your dog loved our large pet area and was able to run and get some good exercise.

Thank you for choosing the Ashland Hills Hotel for your stay and we greatly look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Ashland!

Ashland Hills Hotel
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Large, clean two room suite --with dividing doors--for a great price! Mid-century modern retro lobby intrigued us. The room was much more traditional, however. We loved everything, but:
1. the t.v.s were not flat panel screens. I'm sure they'll update those soon.
2.. Breakfast came in a basket, so not the usual hot breakfast in a lobby.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ashland Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!