We stayed here for 2 days in July as a family.
I really loved the beds here but the advertised double beds seem to be undersized so it was a squeeze. All rooms are suites - very clean and great value. Wifi was free. More than enough parking. Laundry facilities (coin operated). Cookies upon check in.
The hotel was being renovated but the grounds were big that it didn't affect our stay at all. The breakfast was brought to our room every morning. I didn't care for the selection but it was adequate (toast, yogurt, juice, coffee/hot chocolate, granola bar and fruit).
The air-conditioning broke down on our 2nd night and we reported it around 9.30pm. The hotel staff on duty were not able to call management, maintenance (both not reachable) or do anything to rectify the situation. We had to sleep in the room that was warmer than the corridor outside. I have come to expect that when a guest is inconvenienced like this, the hotel either changes the room (not sure if it was full) or compensates somehow for the bad experience. In this instance, all we were told was that unfortunately we had paid our reservations in advance to the online site we booked at and since we were checking out there was nothing more they can do. I don't accept that as a good standard least of all the manager not being reachable at night (or it seems in the morning when we checked out). I find the reception staff tried but it seemed like it was 'beyond their authority' and the explanation was not adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 14 acres the hotel boasts panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, intimate courtyard patio and spacious 2-room suites featuring: in room coffee and tea • complimentary Wi-Fi Internet • microwave & minifridge • dual vanities • extra pillows • sleeper sofa in living room • large color TV • expanded cable selection including free premium channel • iron and board • hair dryer • voicemail • automated wake up calls • key-card security • 24 hour video security. Patios or balconies in select suites.Other amenities and services include: breakfast snack featuring hot beverage, juice, muffin and newspaper delivered to your suite each morning • Fitness room • Business center • Bicycles for guests use • Coffee, tea & apples available 24 hours • Media lending library (books/DVDs) • Guest laundry • Accessible facilities available • Staff on site 24 hours • Children under 18 stay free • Corporate & Group rates • Long-term stay rates • Senior & AAA rates • pets allowed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere and Otel so you can book your Ashland Hills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Suites At Ashland Hills Hotel Ashland
- The Village Hotel Ashland Hills
- Windmill Inn Of Ashland