“STAY HERE!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ashland Hills Hotel

You added Ashland Hills Hotel to your Saves list
Ashland Hills Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2525 Ashland Street, Ashland, OR 97520 (Formerly The Village Suites at Ashland Hills)   |
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Ashland
Bay Area, California
“STAY HERE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Again, not "5 stars" as in the Four Seasons, but in terms of value and enjoyment, it could not get any better. We are traveling with a small dog, so lodging choices are limited. This hotel had an immaculate quiet room, good quality furnishings, a lovely courtyard, HUGE pet area, and the best mattress we have slept on EVER. Our King room was a suite, with mini kitchen. Really appreciate having two sinks, one outside the shower/toilet area. Also, the bedroom had doors to truly separate it from the bath and the living area, with tv's in both rooms.

Breakfast delivered at our requested time was great - very simple, but also very portable. We could drink our coffee and eat some toast, then take the fruit and granola bars with us for a snack. Complimentary WSJ and local paper was a nice touch.

Took about five minutes to drive downtown. The desk clerk was knowledgeable about parking for OSF, and gave good dining advice. This is a clean, safe, comfortable hotel, and you get much more than you paid for. I was picking wild blackberries while my dog ran around in the pet area!

No pool is probably a deal-breaker for families, as it was very hot in Ashland. On the other hand, if you prefer a hotel that is not overrun with traveling teams of 12-year-old softball players, this is the place for you :-)

Room Tip: We didn't have a courtyard view, but if you are on the first floor with a courtyard view you can...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AshlandRep, Manager at Ashland Hills Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
"Stay Here!"

Dear TripAdvisor Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and will let our staff know about your experience.

We are glad that you were able to enjoy our beautiful grounds and the comfort of the mattress in your room. Our front desk will also be recognized in being able to provide you with their knowledge about the area. We are always pleased to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests enjoy their stay while here in Ashland.

We are pleased to announce that we have plans that include renovating and opening the entire property with over 200 guest rooms, a conference center, a restaurant and lounge in June 2014, and most importantly the Pool and Hot tub area as well. In the meantime, we hope our guests enjoy all-suites building that overlooks beautiful hills of Ashland.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year and enjoying our newly remodeled property.

Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Olivehurst, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The room was clean and nicely furnished. The staff were friendly and helpful. Close to the freeway,and just a mile from downtown Ashland. The view from our balcony was spectacular. The mattress was soft and comfortable. We really enjoyed our stay.

Bradley Beach, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent several days at the Ashland Hills Hotel around the 4th of July 2013. The rooms are Suites and very spacious,come equipped with a frig, microwave, toaster and a coffeemaker ( mini kitchen) that came in handy. Every morning they deliver a basket with either toast or english muffins with butter, marjorine, banana , orange, two bottles of Tropicana OJ, some jelly packets and two granola bars. This is because they do not yet have a restaurant on the premises. Our stay was uneventful and the hotel is very comfortable with plenty of free parking and the use of free bicycles. The scenery is breahtaking and once they open the new wing which will probably have a restaurant and a swimming pool Ithink this will make this hotel GREAT. When we inquired about shuttle pick up by the hotel they told us to call Cascade Limo Airport Shuttle, in Ashland Oregon, at (541)488-1998. I called Cascade a couple of days before our arrival, gave them my flight information, and asked the usual questions and I found them very accommodating, reasonably priced and friendly. When the plane landed the owner of Cascade Limo called me and told me where she was parked and asked if we needed any help retrieving our lugage. That was very nice to hear that she would come and help me with our luggage, and she did. I was so thrilled when she told me about the history and showed me some highlights of Ashland when we traveled to our hotel. Since she was so accommodating I immediately scheduled her to pick me up on my departure day. On my departure day her husband picked us up and took us to the airport, even helped us into the terminal and made sure we were as settled as one could be berfore being looked over by the TSA. I tell you if you are going to Medford or Ashland you should call Cascade Limo, they are great.

Room Tip: We found our rooms facing the hills and farms to be very scenic.
Sacramento
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I tend to go to Ashland three to four times a year. I love the city and I loved the hotel, The Windmill Suites. Anyways, without much notice, I found myself in Ashland a week or two ago. In need of a hotel I went to the location of my favorite hotel only to find that it had changed to the Ashland Hills Hotel. While the people were familiar, the hotel was missing something and the price seemed a bit bloated from what I remembered. This leaves me questioning if I will ever return to the skeleton of my favorite hotel. I wish the new ownership the best of luck, but I might end up going elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the feedback that you have provided. Our family-owned company has just purchased this property that has been partially closed for the last 5 years. Changes are being applied daily and any customer feedback is always very appreciated.

Our plans include renovating and opening the entire property with over 200 guest rooms, a conference center, a restaurant and lounge in June 2014. In the meantime, we hope our guests enjoy all-suites building that overlooks beautiful hills of Ashland. We look forward to welcoming you back next year and enjoying our newly remodeled Ashland Hills Hotel & Suites.

Ashland Hills Hotel
Napa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Wow. What a find. We loved the suite. The decor is very attractive. Extremely comfortable bed, nice sitting room, microwave and fridge. The staff is exceptionally helpful, too. It's only $ 120 a night in the summer, less in the off season. I like being a little distance from all the hustle and bustle of the downtown. This is just off highway 5 on the east side. Loved it and will return next year.

Room Tip: The first floor rooms are the best because they open onto a beautiful large garden.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
San Carlos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Once again we are at the Ashland Hills Hotel,in Ashland Oregon.Our host,Danielle,is wonderful ,making sure our air conditioning is on prior to arrival, due to a heatwave,so the room is blissfully cool, then delivering a kitchen kit with plates and corkscrew.We got food to go from Ashland Food Co-op on 1st street.Fabulous organic fresh items, an upgrade from most restaurants. We cozy up in our Suite as Ashland Hills is not just a room,but is two rooms plus tiny kitchen.I make dinner with microwave and we settle in with our dogs and son, sweet conversation flows.We are out of the heat and theater crowds and in cool quiet bliss.Till next time,Ashland Hills,Thanks Danielle and George!

Santa Cruz, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

When I booked this property for a trip to the Oregon Shakespeare Festival (fabulous!), this property was part of the Windmill Suites (very small) hotel franchise. Since I really enjoy staying at their other properties, I booked this reservation with complete confidence. I was very surprised upon check-in to immediately note the difference in amenities and customer service.

First, general info - the hotel is right off the 5, so it is easy to get to, with on/off freeway access. However, it is quite a ways away from the main drag, which is where the action is. You MUST have a car to drive back and forth. Downtown parking is rather scarce, so that is problematic. Most visitors arrive by bus or car, but if you stayes closer to town, you can walk all over. "Town" is literally two long streets, so you will walk, regardless.

I interacted with three different front desk staff members, and all three looked like they desperately wished to be somewhere else. Although I tried, I could not even get a smile from any of them. They looked bored out of their wits and were reluctant to answer any questions or offer any assistance.

The property is huge, but there were very few guests staying there, and most of the hotel was shut down. There was not the usual free, full Windmill breakfast offered, just a breakfast basket that one could order that is brought up to the room in the morning. For 3 out of the four days, it consisted of 2 slices of bread (!), jams, a banana, an orange, a granola bar, and your choice of coffee or tea. The tea was Lipton. One day we received an English muffin. In each suite is a toaster, a microwave oven, and a small fridge, so one could purchase food and prep it in the room if they wished. The room was very nice, with an uber-comfy Heavenly-style bed. The price was reasonable, but I booked it during a Windmill Inn special, so I don't know what the regular rate is.

Maybe my stay would have rated a better review if I hadn't thought it was going to be comparable to a stay in a familiar hotel franchise. The rooms were just as nice, I didn't see a pool, and the fitness center was the same - a room converted over with a treadmill and a TV. What was so great about the Tucson Windmill Inn was the stellar customer service and awesome, full breakfast and service. If I had not stayed there previously and thought I was traveling to another franchise, maybe this would have been okay. All in all, Ashland Hills was rather disappointing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
AshlandRep, Manager at Ashland Hills Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the feedback that you have provided. Our family-owned company has just purchased this property that has been partially closed for the last 5 years. During that time it was known as the Village Suites. Changes are being applied daily and any customer feedback is always very appreciated.

Been to Ashland Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!