First, let me say that management needs to contact Trip Advisor to change the property listing name to "Ashland Hills Hotel Suites" and also change their gigantic "Windmill Inn" freeway sign to avoid creating needless confusion. They should also consider changing reservation services, as ours on Booking.com was lost and we were told that his had happened several times before as well. No worries though, we finally found the place and the friendly staff quickly remedied the reservation problem. Now on to the review.....
Don't be put off by the appearance at the entrance. Drive on down to the office and get a room - You'll be pleasantly surprised! This large complex was apparently a Windmill Inn until fairly recently. It has multiple buildings and what appears to have been a thriving conference center. Someone spent a bundle on it all and it was obviously a very nice place. Now however the conference center and many of the buildings are closed. It appears to us that it may have gone into foreclosure and is being operated by someone new.
That someone new, clearly knows what they are doing. They've taken the best building of the complex (which has stunning views of the beautiful hills on one side and a pleasantly park-like courtyard on the other), and opened it again for business. We found the staff friendly and efficient. Our room was satisfactory in all respects and the WiFi worked well. The bed was exceedingly comfortable and the room included a desk (always appreciated) and a small but useable kitchen, which would make it quite suitable for longer stays.
As countless others also do, we almost always stay over in Ashland to break up a trip to California on I-5. We've stayed a number of places over the years and have never really been disappointed. Ashland is a fun, upscale kind of place with lots of nice shops, good coffee, restaurants, and of course the renowned Shakespearean Festival. If you've got the time, it's a nice place to spend a day or two. This hotel is a little farther from town (we'd guess a bit more than a mile), but also a much better price than the closer places. We saved enough on the room to pay for a nice breakfast at Morning Glory (Highly recommended!), and that's a win in our book! In short, we liked this place and would stay there again anytime!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on 14 acres the hotel boasts panoramic views of the surrounding mountains, intimate courtyard patio and spacious 2-room suites featuring: in room coffee and tea • complimentary Wi-Fi Internet • microwave & minifridge • dual vanities • extra pillows • sleeper sofa in living room • large color TV • expanded cable selection including free premium channel • iron and board • hair dryer • voicemail • automated wake up calls • key-card security • 24 hour video security. Patios or balconies in select suites.Other amenities and services include: breakfast snack featuring hot beverage, juice, muffin and newspaper delivered to your suite each morning • Fitness room • Business center • Bicycles for guests use • Coffee, tea & apples available 24 hours • Media lending library (books/DVDs) • Guest laundry • Accessible facilities available • Staff on site 24 hours • Children under 18 stay free • Corporate & Group rates • Long-term stay rates • Senior & AAA rates • pets allowed ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Ashland Hills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Suites At Ashland Hills Hotel Ashland
- The Village Hotel Ashland Hills
- Windmill Inn Of Ashland