There are two ways to experience Ashland. One is by finding a place to stay that's close in, where you can park your car and walk everywhere. If you can't find such a place, then you have to drive back and forth from wherever you are staying. This property, which falls within the second category, leaves very little to be desired. It's only a ten-minute drive to downtown, which is the same distance as a B&B where we have stayed before, but at about 2/3 the cost. It's quiet, immaculate, and well-kept, and the customer service is excellent. It's a non-smoking, all-suite property with comfortable beds, a continental breakfast delivered to your room at the time you specify, free guest coffee at all times, a small fitness center, and, from some rooms, nice views of the spectacular nearby mountains. You also get your choice of a local newspaper or the Wall Street Journal every day. The only shortcoming I found was that there was only one elevator to serve two guest floors, with no nearby stair alternative (they were at the complete end of the hallways away from the elevator). Also, the property sort of sneaks up on you on the left as you approach it just beyond the interstate, and there is only one way in and out. After you turn in you immediately make a sharp left hand turn in a rather narrow two-way driveway. Likewise, when exiting the property, the visibility is somewhat limited. So it's wise to be prudent when entering and exiting. If there were previously issues with signage, there are none now -- the property is extremely well marked and I had no doubt as to where checkin was. Rooms have small balconies where it's nice to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful Southern Oregon climate.
- Also Known As:
- The Village Suites At Ashland Hills Hotel
- The Village Suites At Ashland Hills Hotel Ashland
- The Village Hotel Ashland
- The Village Hotel Ashland Hills
- Windmill Inn Of Ashland
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your The Village Suites at Ashland Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.