“This retro-hotel is a hidden gem.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peerless Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
The Peerless Hotel
243 Fourth Street, Ashland, OR 97520   |
Special Offer
MONDAY FUN DAY!
Ranked #19 of 38 Ashland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
“This retro-hotel is a hidden gem.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Step back into the 19th century, into Victorian rooms each with its own elegant whimsical personality -- but only after having your customary Sherry in crystal sitting is small lobby, filled with memorabilia.

We come back every year, wouldn't miss it. the staff have the formula down, energized, personable, and they make it all happen seemingly effortlessly.

• Stayed October 2012

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Portland Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stay here approximately 3 times a year and have done so for the last 8 or 9 years. And,there has never been a bad experience. The staff welcomes us back "home" when we arrive and pampers us (better than home) quietly with superb service, excellent facilities and a most delicious breakfast every morning. We plan to continue returning again and again and hope nothing will change.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We loved this little, funky, boutique hotel in Ashland. We had a terrific suite which included a bathroom that was bigger than most bedrooms. Our bathroom had his and hers claw foot bathtubs PLUS a walk-in shower. Service was impeccable due to the fact that manager Michael is extremely knowledgable about EVERYTHING and a great guy to boot. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in the area. Forgot to mention the splendid homecooked breakfasts. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lincoln City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

My husband and I stayed here as part of our anniversary trip this year. We decided to splurge on suite #7, and I'm very glad we did! It's not something we could do every time, but I really felt that the price was commensurate with the quality of room and the amenities. Everything was very clean and our suite was wonderfully private. I especially enjoyed the little balcony and the two-person jacuzzi! The bed was extremely comfortable, and the towels were kind of amazing.
Often when I stay at boutique hotels or B&Bs I feel that the room is too crowded with frou frou antiques and that I am going to break something. Not so this time -- there were quaint touches but I did not feel crowded out by ceramic dogs. The hotel is a few blocks away from the Shakespeare Festival and from downtown, but I actually liked this because it meant that there was very little street noise.
Since we were there on a Sunday night the restaurant next door was not open, but we were still treated to an excellent breakfast the next morning. We hadn't intended to stay, but somehow "We're going to leave" changed to "We'll stop and have coffee" and then THAT changed to "Ok, I guess we can stay for some of this tasty, tasty bacon."

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Stayed in #6, the hotel's smallest room, for one night. The decor for the room is very attractive (except for some peeling wallpaper near the ceiling in one corner). I knew I would be staying in the hotel's smallest room, but this room is truly tiny -- I would not want to share it with a second person. Bathroom was attractive, although the shower curtain (which must be kept inside the clawfoot tub if one wants to take a shower) smelled of mildew. Not so charming: I arrived at 4 p.m. to find the front door locked and no one in sight in the lobby. Rang the doorbell -- nothing. Had to use my cell phone to call the number posted on the window. Not a great welcome! Also not charming: The "assistant innkeeper" sitting outside near the front door taking a cigarette break. Had to hit the road before breakfast service started (it starts at 8:30). A coffeemaker is available in the sunroom, and I was able to turn that on and brew coffee before my early departure. Not a good place to stay if you need absolute quiet -- the building is old and the stairs are creaky. I'm sure I woke everyone up when I left at 6 a.m.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far as possible from the stairs. Avoid #6, unless tiny is ok with you.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

The Peerless is a quick walk away from the Shakespeare Festival (a few blocks back from main street, so it is quieter there), and they have great and friendly service. The rooms are beautiful, with quality murals and furnishings. We stayed in the smallest room (room #6) but it was larger than expected, and was very comfortable. The inn has only six rooms, which gives a more individual experience. The breakfast was amazing (and included in room price), and the chef adjusted to individual requests in prep of the meals.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms five and six. Five is larger but more expensive. Six was cheaper and was perfec...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Haverford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

We had a lovely time in this charming hotel. The room was wonderful, the food in the dining room was terrific and the hotel staff were extremely helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Peerless Hotel? Share your experiences!