“Great B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Moon Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Blue Moon Bed and Breakfast
You added Blue Moon Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
312 Helman Street, Ashland, OR 97520 (Formerly Mousetrap Inn)   |
Ranked #8 of 36 Ashland B&B and Inns
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

I recently had time to go and and visit my cousin in Ashland. I really had no idea where to stay (her place is not big enough) and she suggested the Blue Moon, which is not far from where she lives. I called and talked to Julie and they had space, so I booked for three nights. I am so glad I did!! She suggested the summer room for me, which is just lovely! They had just remodeled the bathroom ,and I think they told me I was the second guest to use the new bathroom!
My days were packed with visiting my cousin,her kids, and friends, but it was nice to come back to my room in the evening. Julie would have nice home baked treats put out for the evening; which I would enjoy with some tea.
The breakfast in the morning was always delicious! I told them I felt like a queen in the morning!!!
Julie and Jean Pierre are lovely innkeepers and the Blue Moon is a great place to stay. Did I mention how clean they kept the whole B&B?! The location is great also! You really don't need to use your car if you come. They are located at a perfect location where you can easily walk into the main area of town. Maybe a 10 min. at tops walk to get to the theater area and all the shops.
I cant wait to get back to Ashland and bring my husband who will enjoy the Blue Moon as much I did ( probably more because they also put out some port for guest to drink in the evening ;) !

Room Tip: my room was perfect, but I Julie helped me pick it, so I would for sure tell her your needs, so she...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Martinez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We stayed at the Blue Moon B&B for a little romantic getaway. The Inn was so quaint, clean and all around charming, but the most charming thing about the inn is the new innkeepers, Julie and Jean Pierre. She is British and he is Parisien and they are so sweet and thoughtful. They really pay attention to every little detail and you can tell that they just love what they do. Breakfast was filling and DELICIOUS. They even made fresh bread. We will definitely be coming back year after year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

The easy to find Blue Moon is run by a lovely, warm, hospitable couple, Jean-Pierre and Julie. We chose this place because of their international background and we were not disappointed. We had great conversations with them throughout our stay and enjoyed their company at breakfast. The house is very clean and our room was perfect in size, decor and comfort. The homemade breakfast was amazing and kept us satisfied until dinner! The chocolate cake and tea waiting for us when we returned from a pleasant evening in town was an added bonus.
Perfect winter get away!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Merrill, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

There were four in our party headed for Ashland. We descended on Blue Moon to rendevouz, the innkeeps were not expecting us, however, they were kind enough to allow us a few minutes to re-group and head out until check in time. Upon our arrival @3.pm. nice freshly baked chocolate muffins awaited us! They were mighty tasty.
We were pleased at the thoughtfulness. The entire stay was pleasant, both Julie, Jean-Pierre were hospitable,warm and friendly. We had a nice exchange of conversations, topics and everyone contributed to this end. The breakfast was delicious, freshly prepared and nice presented. We plan to re-visit in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Molinos, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I chose the Blue Moon for a two night stay in Ashland. Having only stayed in a B&B once before, we didn't know quite want to expect. We arrived late on Thursday and Jean-Pierre and Julie not only left the door open for us, but also had scones and tea set up for us upon our arrival. Our room was absolutely beautiful with bright colors and a newly remodeled bathroom with a spacious shower.

We awoke the next morning to a beautiful breakfast. Before our trip Jean-Pierre contacted us about any dietary preferences and since we are vegetarians they prepared fresh fruit, vegetable frittata, country potatoes and fresh bread. The breakfast filled us up the entire day and we did not need to eat again until dinner time. Jean-Pierre and Julie were really the most accommodating hosts. They were great to sit and visit with and just as willing to give us as much privacy as we wished.

My husband and I also appreciated the location. It was just a short walk to town and we parked the car at the B&B and did not need to move it until we left. We spent the day walking around Ashland and the park and in the evening we attended a play. This was truly an amazing little get-away for us and we hope to return!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

I have stayed at the Blue Moon 10 times, almost since it first opened. There is a wonderful feeling returning to a place you know well. The innkeeper is always
charming, helpful, and planning something to keep his clients happy.
The place is not the fanciest place in town but it feels like visiting an old friend's
house rather than a hotel. There is always someone there who is interesting
and the discussions at the fabulous breakfast often go on long after the meal is
completed. I will certainly return next year.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Blue Moon for the fifth time this past August. Once again we were impressed by the innkeeper's service and excellent meals, and the great atmosphere this place has.

This time we stayed in the lovely "Sunrise" room that looks out on the patio, and as expected, it was impeccably clean and beautifully furnished, like the other rooms on the property we've stayed in previously.

The delicious breakfasts and tea snacks add the proverbial icing on the cake here. As long as we return to Ashland, we will come back to the Blue Moon!

• Stayed August 2010

Been to Blue Moon Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!