“Our favorite B&B...anywhere!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arden Forest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Arden Forest Inn
You added Arden Forest Inn to your Saves list
261 W Hersey St, Ashland, OR 97520   |
Ranked #18 of 36 Ashland B&B and Inns
California
“Our favorite B&B...anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

My boyfriend and I recently returned from our second stay at the Arden Forest Inn and are already looking forward to going back again next summer. Hands down it is our favorite bed and breakfast….anywhere. Like most people who head to Ashland, the obvious draw is the shows put on by the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. However, Bill and Corbet also provide an event not to be missed at breakfast every morning. With everyone gathered around the same table, conversation initially revolves around the local theater scene but can quickly diverge to other diverse topics, ranging from deep and philosophical to hilarious. Due to the fact that so many people return again and again to the Inn, and because some have standing reservations for the same dates, you have the opportunity to build relationships with the people you meet and get to know around the table. For my boyfriend and I this is the most important part of our stay. Yes, the food is fabulous; Yes, the rooms are great; Yes, there is a pool (and it’s heated!); Yes, the Inn is within walking distance of downtown. But what we really love is that Bill and Corbet create such a fun, and social atmosphere. Plus, it is always interesting to see what quirky shirt Corbet is going to wear each morning to breakfast.

See you again next year!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2009

We have been OSF members for 20 years and for a decade we have thoroughly enjoyed our annual stay at the Arden Forest Inn. The rooms are impeccably clean and tastefully decorated. We always feel at home because the innkeepers are helpful, informative and make every visit a special one. Each morning, while enjoying a gourmet breakfast, discussions include a wide range of theatrical topics and are always thought provoking, spirited and inspiring.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

I think this was our sixth consecutive year visiting the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and staying at our favorite B&B, the Arden Forest Inn. You couldn't ask for better hosts than Bill and Corbet. Excellent conversation about life, the arts and particularly theater filled our mornings, along with incredibly delicious and healthy breakfasts. The Inn always seems to attract very friendly and interesting guests. The garden is a beautiful place to relax, with a hammock and a refreshing pool on the grounds. The rooms are always comfortable and charming. Everything is well prepared. They definitely have the right touch. The Inn is also just a short walk to the three OSF theaters and Lithia Park, a great place to stroll, jog or hike. We'll certainly come back and visit again next season too!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Chico, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

For 12 years we have stayed at Arden Forest when we make our yearly visit to Ashland, OR. We look forward to the outstanding plays at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, enjoying the lovely town and its shops, restaurants and ambiance. We relish the incredible breakfasts and appreciate the warm welcome we receive from Bill and Corbett. The discussion of plays during breakfast and when visiting with other guests enriches our experience. We highly recommend Ashland and the Arden Forest Inn.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

I have been coming to Arden Forest Inn for more than a decade and it always invokes a special feeling of peace, where every detail has been considered for our comfort. The breakfasts are always amazing and beautifully presented but the table covnersation is equally amazing. Arden Forest Inn attracts a special kind of person because the proprietors, Bill and Corbett, are very special themselves.

I have brought a number of different friends over the years and they have all been delighted by this experience and we all marvel at the synergy of well appointed rooms and grounds (they even have a pool!) , an attentive and friendly staff, and and the well-travelled and highly educated theatre fans that surround you at the table. It really seems like a kind of fun salon and I am always happy to have the in-depth discussion of the plays with my fellow travelers wihich so enhances the entire experience that is The Ashland Shakespeare Festival.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Portland, Or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

I have never been a fan of B&Bs. I admit to being slightly anti-social and not very comfortable meeting new people, but from the minute I met Corbett and Bill(the owners), I knew my stay would be extraordinary. From the beautiful rooms, to the tranquil gardens, this is a B&B like no other I've experienced before. Your hosts will make you feel like family as you sit around the breakfast table amongst your fellow travelers discussing a multitude of topics. Bill and Corbett, and often the other guests, always offer useful critique of the plays at the Shakepeare Festival. I have even gone to see a couple of plays that I might otherwise have avoided because of the suggestions and have yet to be disappointed. Believe it or not, as much as I love the Shakespeare Fest, Arden Forest,along with Bill and Corbett, are probably more the reasons I have made Ashland a frequent vacation spot and I hope you make it your special vacation spot too.

• Stayed October 2008
work
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

My daughter and I always take one summer vacation alone. She is an avid lover of theater—hence Ashland. This is the second time we have stayed at the Arden Inn and will again this summer. The proprietors, Bill and Corbin have an extensive background in theater and are intimately involved with the Ashland experience. Although perhaps not "elegant” in the strict sense, their space is an emotional oasis replete with good feelings in which one can relax, read, and interact with the other patrons at your leisure.
Their breakfasts are the highlight—superb food and conversation with all seated at the long dining table. Hours can pass during the interesting and eclectic discussions.
Bill and Corbin always have the best recommendations for plays to attend and restaurants to dine. They constantly care for their “guests.” I have found that most of their patrons are long time guests who return again and again.
I cannot recommend the Arden Inn more, just come and enjoy!

• Liked — The proprietors
  • Disliked — A little far away from the town center.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Arden Forest Inn? Share your experiences!