“You MUST stay here!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arden Forest Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Arden Forest Inn
261 W Hersey St, Ashland, OR 97520   |
Ranked #15 of 38 Ashland B&B and Inns
California
“You MUST stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Arden Forest Inn has been my husband and my home away from home in Ashland ever since we discovered the inn several years ago. Whenever the daily grind gets stressful or monotonous I daydream that I am at breakfast with Bill and Corbet, eating one of Bill's fluffy biscuits or homey corn muffins, with nothing better to do than linger at the table over a mug of tea, lounge by the pool, or walk downtown to shop or take in a show.

Bill and Corbet always go out of their way to make us feel welcome when we come up for a visit, and do their jobs with grace and good humor, no matter the circumstances.

Whenever friends are planning a trip up to visit, we highly recommend Arden Forest Inn!

78 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have stayed at the Arden Forest Inn several times on our theatre visits to Ashland. We have also stayed in four other Bed and Breakfasts in Ashland but AFIN is our favorite and definately the best of them all. We love the beautiful grounds just outside of the main festival area but close enough for a short walk. On afternoons when we do not have a show, we enjoy sitting in the beautiful, peaceful yard and just relaxing. Breakfast is especially wonderful. First of all the food is awesome. Everyone eats at a community table with Bill and Coret as hosts. Conversation usually gets around to the shows, but may go in just about any direction. For those that want to chat, there is no rush to leave. Accomodations are very comfortable and well appointed. The Arden Forest Inn has many returning guests so if you can't get in on your next visit, try again next time. You will be glad that you did!
Mike and Mary

Room Tip: we like rooms 3, 4 and 5 best with their private area and entrance.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chico, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the first time at the end of our honeymoon. We had such an amazing experience we ended up staying an extra day that was graciously accommodated by the owners, who not only arranged our unexpected logging for an extra night, but also spent their time looking for a show for us to go to that evening. We instantly felt like we were part of the "Arden Forest Inn" family from the moment we parked our car in the owners parking space without any problem...

The included, and amazing breakfast is always a treat, both with the meals themselves and the fun discussions that ensues from all sorts of welcomed opinions.

Whenever we are in Ashland we would not think to stay anywhere but here. If we could get away with it, we would spend our holidays here rather than with our families... :)

Chico, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Arden Forest Inn is the one trip that my wife and I insist on making every year, despite any other obligations or financial constraints. We have been visiting Ashland for 8 or so years now, and the last 5 have all been at the Arden Forest Inn; no other B&B has been comparable. We started visiting as a couple in our mid-20's, and now are in our 30's with a daughter, and hope to make our visits to AFI a vibrant part of her childhood memories and upbringing.

The accommodations are fantastic, the location is perfect for walking to downtown, and above all, Bill and Corbet are hosts extrordinaire. You guide the discussion, they'll pepper it up to delicious perfection. And the food? Amazing. Just wait until you have the biscuits!

Honestly, if you love visiting Ashland, give the Arden Forest Inn a stay for a night or two. It will seriously make your Ashland experience, and don't be surprised when it becomes part of your yearly tradition as well. We'll see you there!

Bend, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Spent 3 nights here while seeing 4 plays. It is a 10-15 minute walk to the theaters. Friendly staff and good food. The buildings and outdoor gazebo are in need of paint. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in room #4, didn;t see the others.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ArdenForestInn, Owner at Arden Forest Inn, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review our Inn when you visited in July, 2012. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to meet you during your visit as I was undergoing a transplant surgery in San Francisco and as a result we were both absent from the inn. As you pointed out in your review some of the buildings and the gazebo are in need of paint. I’m afraid that the maintenance of the facility (which is constant) suffered during my long illness. The good news is that the transplant was very successful and both Corbet and I (Bill) are back in Ashland. You be happy to know that this spring will be filled with all kinds of maintenance activities, including painting. I’m actually looking forward to it just knowing that I’m once again able to perform these simple tasks. We thank you for your business and hope to see you in the future.
Respectfully,
Bill & Corbet
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I've stayed at the Arden Forest for about 5 years running with a group of long-time Arden Forest folks. It's okay, but I got quite tired of the performance. A bit too much sarcasm and a few too many breakfast discussions that were really lectures by the hosts. It would be nice to get coffee a little earlier in the morning, but I dare you to ask!! Corbett, in a word, is insufferable. In two words, pleasantly insufferable. It is clean, it is nicely decorated. Long story short, I've never felt that my business was appreciated--just tolerated. So sad.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Both Corbet and I (Bill) were troubled by your review and we really regret that you had a less than enjoyable experience at Arden Forest Inn. While we enjoy spirited discussions at the breakfast table, neither one of us ever intend to lecture or be off-putting. As a possible explanation to the situation last year when you visited in April, I was dealing with a catastrophic health issue which prevented me from performing any of my usual duties (cooking, marketing or physical maintenance of the property). That left Corbet responsible for everything (an overwhelming & impossible task). You referred to him as “insufferable”, however if the truth be told he was suffering and heartbroken knowing that I might not live. At that point in time I was very ill and we were trying desperately to coordinate with local Doctors, transplant facilities out of state, health insurance companies and all the while attempting to run the inn and keep our guests happy. But from the sound of your review I don’t think we were too successful at keeping all the balls in the air. Nonetheless I would like to address your specific points. As stated above, the discussions around the breakfast table are spirited at times (not just the hosts) and we never intend to lecture. Moreover, I don’t think that I was involved at all. Most mornings I wasn’t well enough to make it to breakfast. Regarding your comment about getting coffee early in the morning, we are always happy to give any guest coffee early. The first thing we do when we arrive in the kitchen every morning is put the coffee on knowing that some guests might be up earlier. All you needed to do was ask. There is also a guest kitchen that has Keurig individual coffee maker that guests can use any time of the day or night. We appreciate everybody’s business and would never be so insensitive to “just tolerate” ones business. We are so sorry that is the impression that you have and we’d love the opportunity to make it up to you in some way, even if it would be to offer you a complimentary room on you next visit Ashland.
Respectfully,
Bill & Corbet
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

I have been staying at the Arden Forest Inn for many years for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and I always look forward to my stay. It is simply the most comfortable place to stay! The rooms are cozy and the beds very comfortable. You'll sleep well! Bill and Corbet are wonderful hosts. When they join you for breakfast in the morning the talk around the table is never dull and never stilted! They know everything about the Festival and breakfast is always a delight (punctuated with much humor), plus it's the best around! Bill is an excellent cook! Whether you are traveling solo or with friends and family, you'll never feel awkward at Arden Forest Inn. The guests mix well with each other. Before I found Arden Forest I had stayed at other B&B's, but now I could never stay any place else. In the warmer months enjoy the pool, the gazebo, or recline on the hammock under the trees. They maintain a beautiful big yard. The deck or the gazebo in back is where we always gather for wine and crackers in the afternoon or for a late night glass after the theatre. You can walk to the theatre safely. Any questions you have about the Festival, Bill & Corbet can answer.

Room Tip: There is one suite on the top floor of the main house that sleeps 4 - 1 queen bed and 2 twins.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Arden Forest Inn? Share your experiences!