“Loved the Albion” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Albion Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Albion Inn
You added Albion Inn to your Saves list
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   34 Union Street, Ashland, OR 97520   |
Ranked #11 of 36 Ashland B&B and Inns
Oregon
“Loved the Albion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

We had a fabulous stay of 3 nights at the Albion in the Lithia Park room. This historical house has retained its character though updated for modern comfort such as central air conditioning and wi-fi. Our upstairs room was restfully quiet with good light and 3 windows framing trees. It was roomy with a pretty sleigh bed, dresser, and round table and chairs. There was also a few nooks and crannies to hang clothes and place luggage. Cyd is a fabulous host; this is her second year as owner of the Albion and she operates her inn with professionalism and warmth. She is friendly, energetic and goes to great lengths to accomodate special diet and other needs. Her breakfasts are large and delicious; they are creative and organic. She uses local vendors and products including herbs from her own garden. It is easy to stay here and we enjoyed Cyd and the other guests. The downstairs has a large sitting room, computer and tv room, but we didn't use them much. Our room was quite inviting as was the beautiful garden outdoors. This is a great neighborhood with mostly level walking to the theaters and close to stores and restaurants. We will definitely stay here again and recommend it highly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Albion Inn for two nights and can definitely recommend. The Inn is located very close to the theaters for the Shakespeare festival and a half block from the main road. It's very quiet and the while we were there we didn't hear any of the other guests during the evening, even with all of the rooms being rented. The rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. We stayed in the Chautauqua Room, which is plenty large.

As with all bed & breakfasts, the innkeeper and fellow guests play a huge role in your experience, and in our case we had friendly Californians and other Nor'westers to talk with during breakfast and, of course, our innkeeper Cyd. She was extremely helpful, positive, and made some great breakfasts with all organic ingredients. She also seems willing to accommodate special dietary needs, as she did with two other guests while we were there who were vegan.

Ashland is a cute little town and the Albion Inn is a very cute little bed and breakfast.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

We've been coming to Ashland for well over 20 years, and for the last 7 to the Albion Inn. The new owners have done a great job in fixing up and adding comfort measures (we loved the new easy chair in our room!) Cyd prepares a fabulous breakfast, so don't expect to feel like lunch much before 2 PM. the homebaked cookies or brownies are always there, just in case. The sitting room is peaceful, the sherry is always there at bedtime, the cashews are fresh...what can I say, this place is the best!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Stockton.California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

The Albion Inn provided us with a charming place to stay in Ashland.
It was within walking distance of Main St. and all the shops and
Ashland attractions. Cyd provided us with a great, healthy break-
fast every morning that included stimulating conversation and info
on the local area.

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

This place is incredible! My best friend and I stayed at the Albion for an evening while on a shopping trip and we didn't want to leave--even to grab dinner. We made quick work of our evening meal, grabbed a bottle of wine, and spent the evening hours on the porch enjoying the quiet, the garden, and the sounds of nature.
My best friend never really sleeps, but she was out cold! The house was quiet and smelled great and just made us want a blanket and our pajamas!
Breakfast was INCREDIBLE! Omelets were the meal of the morning, but the contents were customized to each of us and they were the freshest ingredients ever!
Cyd and Gary and the sweetest people! Cyd goes out of her way to make sure you have everything, and anything, you may need--from fresh, homemade oatmeal cookies to cashews with little cups to prunes to Sherry to a tea bar...it really is a completely relaxing experience.
I'm generally a heavy sleeper, but I was up early just wanting to sit in the yard with a cup of tea and my book. Watching the birds flit in and out and the bumble bees enjoying the flowers was heavenly.
The meditation garden was lovely and I can envision trips here with my fiance, my mother, my bridesmaids, etc.
This truly was an incredible experience and one that I'd recommend to everyone! They even have a pet-friendly room!
There was a fireplace, a sitting room with great music, wireless internet, a computer (if you forgot yours), an entertainment room with games, TV, video games, the dining room, immaculate rooms, allt he amenities you could need and a breathtaking garden!
This was close enough to downtown to walk without it being a hassle, but just far enough off the main road to be quiet and serene. Plenty of parking and very secure.
Cyd has a ton of energy and will fill you in on great things to do around the town.
We were in a hotel the night before and didn't sleep a wink because it was so unnerving, but this was the POLAR opposite.
You really will enjoy yourself and be completely relaxed! GO, GO, GO!

(**check back--I'm uploading photos tonight!)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
AlbionInnkeeper, Owner at Albion Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Thank you so much for the kind review! It's easy being gracious to such lovely guests. Thank you again!
Davis, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

This was our first experience staying at a B&B as we our empty nesters and it was wonderful. Cyd is a great cook and a warm hostess. She made us feel very welcome and we look forward to returning again. She can give you tips for a few good hikes, too!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

it's incredibly close to the main street and it has a very cozy, kind look to it. Some of the rooms have an old, decadent feel to them and I appreciate how well they seem to be maintained. The Albion is the perfect example as to why I prefer bed and breakfasts to large hotels; it's far more personal and I can literally feel at home in them. The breakfast that Cyd cooks are fantastic (and I'm used to being a very picky eater) and everything is made from organic ingredients so I feel like she and I are doing something good and nutritious for my body and I appreciate that. She was very knowledgeable of things to do in and around the town, even as far as what was happening in the mountains around us. My girlfriend and I had a great time!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple