“Charismatic Cafe” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast
Hampshire
“Charismatic Cafe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The cafe doesn't open until 8am and as we walked towards it at 7.55 we were amazed to see a long queue forming outside. We deduced that it must be popular and it was! I think we got one of the last tables and then noticed that people were quite happy to wait for a free place. There are delightful little touches in the decor and everything was clean, fresh and cheerful colours got your day off to a good start. The whole ambience was very homely.

The staff were efficient and the portions huge. I'm sure my two egg breakfast was more like four! It felt very friendly and it was obvious that many locals come here a lot.

One of the best breakfast places we have ever visited in the USA and a step up from the usual vinyl seats and plastic tables.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I wish I knew I was going to go back to Ashland just because I wanted to try almost everything on their menu. I had the lemon ricotta stuffed french toast and it was really delicious. the portions were really fairly well sized too (I'd say huge but my boyfriend said just right, but he's 6'4").

The service was a little slow, but that's probably mostly because it was busy in there, and about 3 people tried to take our initial drink orders but were all so friendly it didn't bother us.

Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Wait..it's worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I visited Ashland in May. Someone recommended Morning Glory and I will be eternally grateful to them. The wait list was long but the time went quickly. I like to people watch. This is food like I haven't had since the 60's: wholesome, hearty, real eggs, real potatoes, strong coffee in huge mugs! Homemade jams, mismatched furniture - what's not to love? The staff is friendly, accommodating, and never far away with the coffee pot. We went twice and tried different entrees. Everything was fabulous!

• Visited May 2013
Ashland, Oregon
“Without a doubt the best breakfast place in Ashland.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I love eating at Morning Glory. My favorite breakfast is the crab omelette, and that's the one I had most recently, but I've had lots of other great things there. Morning Glory is a winner every time!

Cottonwood
“Best Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Last week while visiting Ashland, we overslept and missed our free hotel breakfast. What a shame! We were forced to check out Morning Glory. On a Tuesday morning around 11:30 a.m. the place was packed. That's a good sign. The wait was not long, but so worth it. The egg and chorizo scramble and the coconut waffle were seriously generous and delish! We took leftovers home and they reheated beautifully in a slow sauté pan. Even though the restaurant was crowded the staff did not try to rush the clientele; they were efficient and pleasant during the rush. I look forward to another visit!