“Convenience of location” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Depoe Bay, United States
“Convenience of location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We've been staying at the BW Bard's Inn at least once per year. It is conveniently located in Ashland's theater area. It's an easy walk to the Sheakespeare Theaters. It's location also allows easy access to many fine restaurants and retail store.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Holly H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting the folks know what a great location we have, so close to all the downtown attractions, Lithia Park, the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, restaurants and shops.
We look forward to your next adventure in our special city!

295 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I found my stay at this Best Western was rewarding. I was able to connect with their internet keeping in touch with my emails. The room was comfortable and well cared for by the hotel staff. The only objection was having to eat at Denny's restaurant and on a fixed choice of food items. In the past I always got sick eating there. I found the reception staff to be very professional both in appearance and knowledge. I appreciated the morning news paper each day of my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the positive review you gave our property regarding your recent stay with us.
We'll look forward to your future visits to Ashland.

Best Western Bards Inn
Paradise, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The Best Western Bard is in a great location in Ashland. That's where the pluses end. Old, SMALL rooms with few amenities and (for us) a very unhelpful staff. Wish I'd traveled a bit further and stayed in another place. The rooms aren't the only thing small - so is the selection for breakfast. Nice room - decent staff - boring, cold, tasteless fair. Even tho it was included (Best Western calls that 'free') in the room price, it wasn't worth eating there. While location may be most important in real estate, there are other considerations when booking a room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Al,
On behalf of my entire team please accept my apology for not exceeding your expectations.
Would love to talk with you personally regarding a future stay and maybe we can give you a better experience than you had previously. I noticed that you stayed in our "main" building that is "older" so we would definitely make sure your next stay would be in one of our other buildings; "newer" with larger rooms. Since you didn't care for our complimentary breakfast I'll buy your breakfast in one of our fabulous downtown restaurants. If you are interested in giving us another try at a price that you would be amenable to, then call me at 1 800 533-9627 to discuss.
Thanks for your consideration.
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stay at the Bard's Inn every year when we visit Ashland Oregon for the Shakespeare Festival. We have seen it when it's very, very good, and when it's very very bad. When you have been coming for 30 years, we've seen both!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
First of all, thank you for being a loyal Best Western Bards Inn guest for thirty years! WOW! I hope your recent stay was in the "good" category. We are always interested in our customers feedback and suggestions. Please feel free to call me anytime at 1 800 533-9627. We are always trying to improve our service and give each guest a superior experience so if we fail in our endeavor, I would really like to know.
Once again, on behalf of our entire team: THANK YOU for your continued business. We look forward to your next adventure in Ashland.
Ashland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Pleasant, good access to local points of interest. Problem with the air conditioning unit in the room - decor rather bland and dark. Adequate breakfast with nice variety. Good privacy. Quiet atmosphere around the suites. Could have used a guide to get there the first time, as it is across the street from the check in office

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review of our property. Yes, we have four unique buildings and joining us for the first time can be challenging to find our check in lobby (it is right across from the swimming pool). Thank you for all your comments and we hope to see you again, the next time your travels bring you to Ashland.
Oregon City Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The hotel was very quiet and clean. It was very close to the festival venues and restaurants. And their morning buffet breakfast was very very good. We thoroughly enjoyed our vist and the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Holly H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and we are so happy that you enjoyed your complimentary breakfast. Looking forward to seeing you again, the next time you venture to Ashland.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am a veteran member and have used TA reviews when travelling worldwide with great success. As a personal policy, I only make positive reviews, however, in this case, an exception must be made. I was on a 3 week trip in Washington and Oregon and made a reservation over the phone at this hotel for the evening of Wednesday, September 18. The young lady on the phone was very hospitable and gave me a rate on the phone, which she confirmed by email. When I arrived to check in on the afternoon of Sept 18, the young man at reception asked me to sign for a rate which was higher that that given to me. I explained that the rate quoted was incorrect. Instead of looking into the matter, he insisted that I produce proof of the rate quoted to me to the point that he insisted that I retrieve my computer from my car and show him the rate confirmed to me. While in the process of doing so, he realized that he had made an error. While mistakes do happen, this young man thought so highly of himself and was so arrogant that he couldn't even say he was sorry for what had transpired. I really believe that this hotel should review people skills with certain of their staff. The next evening I booked into the Best Western at Mt Hood and the courtesy on check in was exceptional. Please do not take this as a negative in terms of the rooms at this hotel as they are very nice and the BW chain in general has done a great job to enhance their hotel branding . However, it only takes one individual at a member hotel to make a sour impression.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire team, please accept my sincere apology for the actions of our Front Desk Clerk. You should never have to suffer that kind of treatment at our property and I have followed up with the associate you dealt with and he understands that he did not treat you reasonably or fairly. Thank you for staying with us as well as bringing this to our attention so that we could use the incident as a "training opportunity." I hope that you will give us another try to give you a superior experience in the future.
Holly H

Been to BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn? Share your experiences!