“Good as some, Better than most.” 4 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #4 of 19 hotels in Ashland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle
“Good as some, Better than most.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stay at the Bard's Inn every year when we visit Ashland Oregon for the Shakespeare Festival. We have seen it when it's very, very good, and when it's very very bad. When you have been coming for 30 years, we've seen both!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Holly H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all, thank you for being a loyal Best Western Bards Inn guest for thirty years! WOW! I hope your recent stay was in the "good" category. We are always interested in our customers feedback and suggestions. Please feel free to call me anytime at 1 800 533-9627. We are always trying to improve our service and give each guest a superior experience so if we fail in our endeavor, I would really like to know.
Once again, on behalf of our entire team: THANK YOU for your continued business. We look forward to your next adventure in Ashland.

319 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Ashland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Pleasant, good access to local points of interest. Problem with the air conditioning unit in the room - decor rather bland and dark. Adequate breakfast with nice variety. Good privacy. Quiet atmosphere around the suites. Could have used a guide to get there the first time, as it is across the street from the check in office

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review of our property. Yes, we have four unique buildings and joining us for the first time can be challenging to find our check in lobby (it is right across from the swimming pool). Thank you for all your comments and we hope to see you again, the next time your travels bring you to Ashland.
Oregon City Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The hotel was very quiet and clean. It was very close to the festival venues and restaurants. And their morning buffet breakfast was very very good. We thoroughly enjoyed our vist and the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Holly H, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and we are so happy that you enjoyed your complimentary breakfast. Looking forward to seeing you again, the next time you venture to Ashland.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I am a veteran member and have used TA reviews when travelling worldwide with great success. As a personal policy, I only make positive reviews, however, in this case, an exception must be made. I was on a 3 week trip in Washington and Oregon and made a reservation over the phone at this hotel for the evening of Wednesday, September 18. The young lady on the phone was very hospitable and gave me a rate on the phone, which she confirmed by email. When I arrived to check in on the afternoon of Sept 18, the young man at reception asked me to sign for a rate which was higher that that given to me. I explained that the rate quoted was incorrect. Instead of looking into the matter, he insisted that I produce proof of the rate quoted to me to the point that he insisted that I retrieve my computer from my car and show him the rate confirmed to me. While in the process of doing so, he realized that he had made an error. While mistakes do happen, this young man thought so highly of himself and was so arrogant that he couldn't even say he was sorry for what had transpired. I really believe that this hotel should review people skills with certain of their staff. The next evening I booked into the Best Western at Mt Hood and the courtesy on check in was exceptional. Please do not take this as a negative in terms of the rooms at this hotel as they are very nice and the BW chain in general has done a great job to enhance their hotel branding . However, it only takes one individual at a member hotel to make a sour impression.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
On behalf of our entire team, please accept my sincere apology for the actions of our Front Desk Clerk. You should never have to suffer that kind of treatment at our property and I have followed up with the associate you dealt with and he understands that he did not treat you reasonably or fairly. Thank you for staying with us as well as bringing this to our attention so that we could use the incident as a "training opportunity." I hope that you will give us another try to give you a superior experience in the future.
Reno, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Bard is an excellent choice for "Theater Goers" in Ashland, Oregon. It is a very short walk past lovely shops, restaurants and a small bridge over the river. A great resource when planning your trip to Ashland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the nice review of our property. We hope to see you again the next time

your travels bring you to our wonderful city.

Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The Bard's Inn is more expensive than the other Best Western in Ashland, but it's all about the location. You can walk to everything so it's definitely worth it. The beds were comfortable and the room was fairly large. As others have mentioned, the breakfast offered lots of choices, both hot and cold. I'd recommend the Bard's Inn to anyone who wants an above-average Best Western in a great location. We were upstairs and found it to be very quiet.

Room Tip: As with most older motels that have been refurbished, ask for an upstairs room if you are concerned...
Green Features: Separate container in room for certain recyclable materials.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Holly H, Assistant Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear SuzC,

I am so happy that you popped into Ashland and stayed with us. I agree that we have a great complimentary breakfast. We try our best to offer multiple fresh options for our guests so that everyone can choose what they would like to eat each morning. Thank you for your kind words and we will see you the next time you stop in Ashland.

See you soon!

Ally T.
Berkeley, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The room was attractively decorated and the location was excellent, but there was noise from the room above the whole night which made our stay less than perfect. Air conditioning had to be turned off at some point in the evening.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Holly H, Assistant Manager at BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear Betty P.,

I am so pleased that you liked our reciently renovated rooms. I am sorry that the guests above you were making excessive noise during your stay. That can be a very frustrating experience and I am sorry about that. We will have to get you on a top floor for your next stay.

Take Care,

Ally T.

Been to BEST WESTERN Bard's Inn? Share your experiences!